Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:38:48 AM EDT
Ok maybe I'm simple but how tight should the Hahn bottom loader fit? It slides in about 1/2 way and starts to tighten.I don't want to force it because I'm worried about being able to get it back out. Whats the purpose of the screws and L-wrench. Am I missing something? The lower is olympic arms. Any tips or tricks is appreciated.

Thank you
CK
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a Hahn so this might be a stupid answer...are you pushing in the mag release?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The small long allen wrench is to back out the tiny set screw inside the front of the adapter for that horizontal bearing you will see at the outside front of the adapter.  It may seen like it is flush now, but back the tiny screw out enough that the bearing is definitely below the surface of the adapter.  The push the adapter up into the mag well while pressing the mag release.  They usually are a pretty tight fit the first time.  Then tighten the set screw back.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It's tight before I even get near the mag catch... so thats not it hehe I also took the roller out and its tight as hell.  There are marks on the mag block where its rubbing... worst case I might say screw it and get the dremel out and polish that area. Or I can force it into place and beat it out, if I can't use it I sure as hell will break it or f it up to get my moneys worth hahaha!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the Hahn Precision website under the library section to see if you receiver is MIL SPEC.  Adapters are made to fit MIL Spec receivers.  If your adapter gets partially in the receiver and starts to get tighter halfway in it sounds like your magwell is tapered.  

Rather than modifying the adapter you can carefully file your receiver, since the magwell is the issue, you will probably have 5.56 mags that are tighter than what they should be also.

How does breaking it get your moneys worth?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought olympic arms were mil spec.. I wouldn't really break it, just pissed off about it. I thought it would pop right in. Thanks for the advice you could be right. When I push the mag release button the empty mag doesn't just fall out but its not all that tight either. I'll check the website.

CK
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top