Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:45:58 PM EDT
My 9mm AR is trying to go 2 round burst on me it happens about twice a mag?

Where do i need to look?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No expert, but disconnecter and disconnecter spring is my guess.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I should add the lower is a brand new RRA that I've shot about 60 rounds through
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Willing to bet that the upper is an olympic arms?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you bet money youd win.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
A notorious problem with the Oly uppers.

Try replacing the spring inside the firing pin.  Better yet, pull it out and stretch it out a bit.  

If that doesnt do it, you may need a heavier buffer

Problems still? try it on a different lower, it very well MAY be the disconnector spring but with only 60 some rounds in a brand new lpk its unlikely

PS I can accept paypal for all gambling debts
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A notorious problem with the Oly uppers.

Try replacing the spring inside the firing pin.  Better yet, pull it out and stretch it out a bit.  

If that doesnt do it, you may need a heavier buffer

Problems still? try it on a different lower, it very well MAY be the disconnector spring but with only 60 some rounds in a brand new lpk its unlikely

PS I can accept paypal for all gambling debts

Thanks, I'll switch lowers (I have another RRA and OLY lower)and if that dont work I'll pull the spring
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Worth a shot, or two
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:18:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Take a look at the firing pin is it sticking out(stuck)? I had this happen on my OLY. At 1st I thought it was something in my lower so I swapped lowers. Went back to the range and it happened again. I just threw the whole bolt asm into a small plastic tub with hoppes, cleaned it and the firing pin. Then reoiled. No more doubles or triples after that.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top