Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
Hey guys, what do you think of this issue-  I just got a 7" 9mm barrel and am using a 7.0 DD rail.  With everything installed the end of the muzzle is well inside the handguard.  I have a standard 9mm A1 style birdcage FH that barely sticks out past the end of the handguard.  I want to find an extended flash hider to put the ports out past the end of the handguard.  Why?  Because THE MAN (state game warden) doesn't allow hunting with a suppressor.  Yes a Trinity can is in my immediate future.  Yes this is for a registered SBR.  What am I hunting with a 9mm AR you ask?  Why groundhogs of course!  Yes I am weird.

My barrel is threaded 1/2-36.  I am thinking something like the 5.5" moderators/FH's.  Maybe a little shorter...  

Here's the build-  click on the thumbnails...

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
try looking into the vortex for the 9mm, gandrtactical offers them
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
try looking into the vortex for the 9mm, gandrtactical offers them

I was looking at those but it's still not quite long enough to get the blast out from under the handguards...

The more I look at it, a 5.5" flash hider shortened to about 3 to 3.5" would be ideal!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Total Silence,Inc makes 4.5" versions.  he seems to make alot of cutom stuff.  might give him a call and see if he can do one in 1/2x36.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top