Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
Hey guys, what do you think of this issue-  I just got a 7" 9mm barrel and am using a 7.0 DD rail.  With everything installed the end of the muzzle is well inside the handguard.  I have a standard 9mm A1 style birdcage FH that barely sticks out past the end of the handguard.  I want to find an extended flash hider to put the ports out past the end of the handguard.  Why?  Because THE MAN (state game warden) doesn't allow hunting with a suppressor.  Yes a Trinity can is in my immediate future.  Yes this is for a registered SBR.  What am I hunting with a 9mm AR you ask?  Why groundhogs of course!  Yes I am weird.

My barrel is threaded 1/2-36.  I am thinking something like the 5.5" moderators/FH's.  Maybe a little shorter...  

Here's the build-  click on the thumbnails...

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
try looking into the vortex for the 9mm, gandrtactical offers them
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
try looking into the vortex for the 9mm, gandrtactical offers them

I was looking at those but it's still not quite long enough to get the blast out from under the handguards...

The more I look at it, a 5.5" flash hider shortened to about 3 to 3.5" would be ideal!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Total Silence,Inc makes 4.5" versions.  he seems to make alot of cutom stuff.  might give him a call and see if he can do one in 1/2x36.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top