Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:01:07 AM EDT
I purchased a DPMS 22lr upper last week, put it on top of a RRA lower. Went to the range for the first time with it last night. I fired approx. 300 rds. I used Winchester, Federal and CCI brand ammo. I had one FTF in the first 50rds. The remainder of my session went great. The gun performed extremely well and was quite accurate, and really fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of upper?  Was it the M-4 or 20" A2 style?  I have the DCM 20" A2 upper, and plan on picking up an M-4 style later this year.

I have to agree, mine works great too.  I have had one jam, and that was operator error (the empty case bounced off of my finger and back into the action).

Brad
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the model that has the bull barrel and no front sight lug. I have been surprised by the performance so far.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Brad76:

How thick is that barrel under the handguards?  Thicker than the barrel forward of the front sight?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
A range report should have some grouping information, or was it just a Fun Range day?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a fun day. Mainly to see if everything functioned, after putting the lower together.
I'll have to look at the barrel thickness under the handguard.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Brad76:

How thick is that barrel under the handguards?  Thicker than the barrel forward of the front sight?

I'll check this weekend and let you know.

Thanks!

Brad
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top