Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 12:21:20 PM EDT
I recently came across a thread discussing the similarity/differences between the Bushmaster and Promag plastic 9mm magazines, the consensus being that they were the same.  I was curious about the Bushie mags so I e-mailed them to ask about compatibility.  Here is what I wrote, and what they replied:

Q: Are the magazines for your 9mm carbine compatible with the Colt AR-15 9mm carbine,
and do they have the bolt-stop feature?

A: Yes, the polymer magazines are compatible with the Colt 9mm with a bolt hold open follower.

Thank you,
Jim Eden, Bushmaster Tech Support
1-800-883-6229
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just received my 10 ProMags for my Colt 9mm.  I was leary of trying them after I heard the early ones had problems.  My reasoning for buying was:  If Bushmaster (now) includes them with their rifle, they must have the bugs worked out.

I did a range test today, and all the mags worked perfectly, including the bolt hold-open feature.  They were easy to load by hand.  No sore fingers from an overly-stiff spring.

For $11.00 per mag, I have no complaints at all.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What vendor?  Natchez?  CDNN?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well that makes me feel better. I purchased 6 from Natchez last week for my upcoming build.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What vendor?  Natchez?  CDNN?

Natchez had them for $11 but they're out now.  They won't ship to TN so I had a friend in VA order 15 and mail them to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I am waiting on four that I ordered from CDNN, I hope I have the same results you did......
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
there was a thread where bushmaster stated that they were in fact pro-mags
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
there was a thread where bushmaster stated that they were in fact pro-mags

I saw that thread but couldn't find it again so I posted the Bushmaster comments in this new thread.

If someone can provide the link to that thread I'll do the same there, to spread the word.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top