Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 1:02:38 PM EDT
I had ordered a Bushmaster Carbon 15 .22LR Upper in mid-October 2005.

I received an email shortly thereafter that they would be going "back into production in mid to late November" and would start shipping at that time.

I called today (January) to check on the status of my order.

They told me that they were making some changes to address reliability related to:
 a) the magazines
 b) the bolt
 c) maybe some other stuff

This required them to rework the molds for the magazine insert to hold the new magazine.

They were having some problems getting the new molds correct, etc, etc.

They wanted to get everything just right, etc, etc.

Bottom line, there is no ETA at this time.

They said that it might be 4 weeks, or it could just as easily be 8 weeks or 12 weeks.

No way of telling.

I, for one, would be happy with a new magazine design as some others had indicated problems with the Remington 597 based design they were using.

Provided, of course, that the new design is actually better.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Now if they could make and adapter for THIS LITTLE GUY, I would want one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Now if they could make and adapter for THIS LITTLE GUY, I would want one.

I'll be darned -- you found those mags also! I got two of them and one has been modified for use with the M261 GI conversion unit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That looks exactly like a Ceiner mag except for the missing magwell filler (which is a cheap piece of bent plate).  I think I'll buy a couple of them and try my hand at plate bending.  Or even weld the thing into a 20rd magazine.  Thanks boys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That looks exactly like a Ceiner mag except for the missing magwell filler (which is a cheap piece of bent plate).  I think I'll buy a couple of them and try my hand at plate bending.  Or even weld the thing into a 20rd magazine.  Thanks boys.

Monkey-man, I did the bent metal thing kinda like the Ciener sheet metal body and it works fine. When you get one of the mags, open it up and remove the parts. I think you will be surprised. Both of mine had two springs inside -- one in the tube section and the other in the main part of the body. The springs look just like the one spring that Ciener uses in the 30 round mags. Also the quality of the magazine followers were not really great but the darn things worked. I decided to use only one spring and it's the one in the tube section. I figure if the spring gives out I can always use the other or order a bunch from Ciener.

By the way -- the mags are shown as only having a 15 round capacity and I think tht might be due to the two springs -- I can load 25 of the 22lr rounds in it without any problem using one spring.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top