Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:13:30 AM EDT
What the best length barrel for a 9mm AR must be less than 10.5. And who sells a barrel that length will be going on a Colt 6450 lower with a Eo-tech.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What the best length barrel for a 9mm AR must be less than 10.5. And who sells a barrel that length will be going on a Colt 6450 lower with a Eo-tech.

What is your intended use ?

Typically anything less than 10.5" is going to be a custom made from blank.

I run a 8.7" (similar top MP5).

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Mainly fun gun / shtf Zombie killer.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR7_11, how do you like your magblock?  I've wondered how sensitive to barrel length (and thus blowback speed) feeding is.  (Not really a thread hijack, honest!)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
SBR7_11, how do you like your magblock?  I've wondered how sensitive to barrel length (and thus blowback speed) feeding is.  (Not really a thread hijack, honest!)

Could not ask for a better "plug-n-play" magwell filler.  I bought mine out of the first run in 2003 I think it was.  

It locks in place via the existing mag catch,  the ramp, mag height and all other important measures are set from there, and use plain old every day 25 round IMI military mags (those with the rib on the back).... If you want to use the comercial mags, you will need to open the mouth on the block, as the Hy-Tech John did not duplicate the std Uzi SMG magwell dimensions we all know and love to his block... or his backwards Uzi mag release,  not a big deal.

I spent some time and now I have mine opened up to same size as the std Uzi magwell, so I can easily use the IMI 32 round mags.

EDIT-- removed duplicate pic, it is seen above a couple replys.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running a 4 inch and love it.  I also really like the Colt 10 inch barrels.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top