Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 1:00:48 PM EDT
I have a 2 stage RRA setup in one of my AR's and I wanted to add the DMPS hammer so I could use a 9mm upper on it but that was a no go.  Are there any 2 stage triggers out there that you can use with a 9mm/rounded AR hammer with?  If not, I'm not going to worry about but I had never seen this question come up.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Weird. My RRA 2 stage works fine with both my 9mm uppers. I did not have to modify or substitute anything.

Hmm, well I haven't officially "tried" it yet but I figured that funky flat hammer might give me problems.  If you are using the regular flat hammer that came with the trigger then I'm not going to worry about it.  I can take pics tonight to confirm my components are the same as yours just in case I have some old style or something like that.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
My RRA match triggers don't work with my unramped 9mm bolt, either.  I polished the pin holes on the standard hammer & trigger, dropped in a set of yellow JP Enterprises springs and achieved a similar effect for a whole lot less money.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My bolts are ramped so that must be it.
JR, the M-169 has a ramped bolt so you should be fine.

Sweet, thanks Henry
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the ramped bolt rules again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I use a KAC trigger with a ramped carrier and could not be happier.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top