Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:17:34 AM EDT
Is there anyone that makes a standard A2 style upper .22LR kit that doesn't have the stainless barrel or free-float tubes, but just a regular A2 upper that I could (have) cut down to 16" and remount the FH?

No Expert
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
call Fulton Armory they had .22lr barrels instock a bit ago, if they still have them they can prob do any thing you want.   Kurt's Kustom Firearms is another option.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, I will look into them.  I was hoping to fid someone that already kinda made what I want...I'm sure custom will cost more than the average pre-made upper.

No Expert
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Rick Kuehl used to make 20" A2 .22LR uppers with stainless barrels and regular HGs (no FF tube), but has ceased production.  I got his second to last barrel but I don't know if he sold the last one or not.  Wouldn't hurt to call him and ask I guess.  

A while back people here were saying Fulton Armory was selling barrels like Rick's.  IIRC they weren't on the web site so you had to call.   If you can find it the thread that mentioned them was about Kuehl.

Kurt at KKF lists a 20" A2 HBAR upper on his .22LR page, and he could cut it down to 16" for you.  

By the time you factor in the Ciener to go with one of the above barrels you could probably just get the DPMS A2 with the FF tube.  It could be cut down just like any other barrel, and if the 'smith has to take the FSB off to do the cut-down he could put a regular barrel nut and HG cap on for you and you could sell the FF tube.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top