Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:30:08 PM EDT
Besides the ejection port cover, is there a difference between the uppers?  Can you switch out a A2 .45 upper receiver with a standard AR-15 A3 upper receiver?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The receiver only holds the barrel in place and provides a runway for the bolt to travel...

Swap away...

If you running the Olympic system, then you will need to mount your ejector in the replacement upper if needed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm getting an Olympic upper in .45, in the A2 configuration.  I have an A3 upper reciever just sitting around.  I've seen reference to the ejector mount, but without having seen it in person, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to swap the upper recievers.

Is this very obvious?  Does it involve drilling??

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm getting an Olympic upper in .45, in the A2 configuration.  I have an A3 upper reciever just sitting around.  I've seen reference to the ejector mount, but without having seen it in person, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to swap the upper recievers.

Is this very obvious?
Yes

Does it involve drilling??
Yes.  There is a drawing floating around here recently as to the proper placement of the holes for a machinist to plot tthe holes with a digital read out.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it involve drilling??
Yes.  There is a drawing floating around here recently as to the proper placement of the holes for a machinist to plot tthe holes with a digital read out.

Thanks

SO....anyone have a COPY of this drawing????

IF I were to email Olympic, would they SHARE???
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

SO....anyone have a COPY of this drawing????

IF I were to email Olympic, would they SHARE???

Look through the available pages here currently, as it wasn ot that long ago, it is buried in a thread.  I am on a SLOW system, so it would take me a while to search all the topics  in the 6-8 available pages here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Here are some pictures.  Sorry I must have missed the drawing so can't help on that.  I don't think Oly would share their drawings with you, but a few people, like Devin at SNS Industries can drill the holes for you.  

Large pic
photobucket.com/albums/v364/Tomtx/?action=view¤t=original.jpg
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I found that I saved the drawing to my home computer when sorting through some pics tonight.

.......... I'm sitting here waiting for pics to upload to photobucket.........

Ok,,, took a couple minutes,

here it is --

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top