Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:24:28 AM EDT
I've got a V22 upper and have been thinking about building a folding telescoping stock lower using a Mega or Stag lower, parts kit, ACE receiver block and folding stock adapter and a cheap telestock.  Is anyone using the ACE receiver block on a lower with a rimfilre upper?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done it, but I had the exact same thoughts. I was going to do this with my Bushy Carbon/ciener unit.

Haven't found the spare cash yet for all the Ace stuff...that shit gets expensive for all 3 pieces.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Over in the full auto section there is a thread with some folding stocks

Pics aren't mine, but I figure I'd pass them along.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!  As I understand it I need:

1.  AR 15 receiver block (ARRB) $45.00
2.  Folding stock mechanism (FSM) $59.95
3.  CAR15 Stock adapter "Pig Nose" (PN) $19.95
4.  AR15 stock
TOTAL $124.90 not including the stock.

OR
1.  AR 15 receiver block (ARRB) $45.00
2.  Folding stock mechanism (FSM) $59.95
3.  ACE Original Skeleton Stock (AKFX) $64.95
TOTAL $169.90
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The ACE hardware is great.  I love the folder.  It locks up well, very solid, no wobble.  It feels and functions like the quality piece of hardware it is.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Gorilla,

Is that the shortest length stock that Ace sells.....I love it! Now I have another frickin' expensive project ahead of me. I will buy a new lower, SBR it and get rolling on the 16" barrel version while I wait the 6 months to get my paper work back.

Looks great.

Here is my current SBR with the .22 unit. If I am going to have a SBR'd lower that is designated for .22 only (folder) I would feel more comfortable with spraying different cleaners and such into an aluminum lower then my current Bushy Carbon lower....I love the carbon, but those 22s get DIRTY.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gorilla,

Is that the shortest length stock that Ace sells.....I love it! Now I have another frickin' expensive project ahead of me. I will buy a new lower, SBR it and get rolling on the 16" barrel version while I wait the 6 months to get my paper work back.

Yes it is and thanks for reminding me, I forgot ACE sells them in different lengths.  I'm a 6'3" guy and the length of pull is definitely on the short side, but with the Eotech sight, that doesn't seem to matter too much, because of the excellent huge FOV.  Kind of like an M1 carbine, initially you think "this is a goof" because it's so small but very quickly it feels fine.  It's not a 1000 yd match rifle, it's a stumpy can and bottle blaster!

I think ACE sells thick rubber butt pads so you can take the short stock and extend it a little bit if you want.

I think a very cool PDW-style weapon would be a folder like this, a 5" bbl, no real handguard, just a bbl nut which flows forward into a vertical grip + hook to keep your hand from falling forward of the muzzle.  As far as I know, there's no hardware out there like that but a good machinist could make something up. You could take a pistol length railed guard, mill away most of the guard leaving only enough to attach a forward grip.  Maybe leave another section of rail at 8:00 or 4:00 for another rail device if you want.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The shortest on is the one that I specifically want. I am 6' myself, but have really gotten used to short LOPs. I have the standard length ACE stock and I think I will sell it and get the shorter one.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
woo, those are nice !!! pdw style !!!

where did u guys buy your ACE stuff ?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top