Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 2:48:57 PM EDT
i read thru the manual, but there are no details on how to clean the bolt and carrier of a .22 upper. any advice? i just wiped everything down w/ hoppes and applied a lite coat of militec.

does the bolt carrier group need to be taken appart? can it be?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
can anyone help?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like what you are doing is fine.  May check with DPMS for anything else - they replied pretty quickly to a question I had.

I seem to remember that my manual recommends against taking the bolt carrier appart.  I have take it appart, but I'd say do it only if you suspect a problem with the firing pin assembly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i read thru the manual, but there are no details on how to clean the bolt and carrier of a .22 upper. any advice? i just wiped everything down w/ hoppes and applied a lite coat of militec.
As the owner of a genuine COLT unit, there is no need to take it apart, I would not even atempt it.  The DPMS is a COLT unit with the chamber insert' fake 223 shell portion removed, leaving a doughnut with a .450" hole in the middle to set over the end of the barrel and use a real 22LR chamber...

does the bolt carrier group need to be taken apart?
NO, just hose it off with something, dry it, and lightly oil the fire pin and rails.

can it be?
Don't do it
thanks

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top