Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2005 7:25:19 PM EDT
My new Ciener .22 conversion is hanging up inside my LMT M4gery.    I remove the 5.56 bolt, insert the Ciener, close the upper/lower (which is really tight, and tighter than normal to close).  Then when I try to pull back on the charging handle, the bolt on the Ciener gets stuck in the rearward position.  I have to seperate the upper and lower again to get the bolt to go forward.  I believe the unit is hanging up on the bolt stop in the lower.  Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation?  Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Hansford
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:47:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine did the same when my selector is in the full auto position. Switching to semi solved the problem.  Oddly enough, I haven't tried disassembly/reassembly when in safe position.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I did read somewhere on the internet that the Ciener units were having problems with Armalite charging handles and the fix was to install a GI one.  I can't say for sure who made mine as I ordered it at the same time I did my bolt carrier and bolt from BravoCompanyUSA.  Anyway, thanks for the response anotherjay.

H
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone?  Buehler...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's a Full Auto set up, the anti bounce weight could be hanging up in the forward assist hole. You may have to round it off on the edges a bit.

My first guess is the charging handle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply.  It is a semi-auto.  Last night, I removed the charging handle, slid the conversion into place and experienced the same problem as before: upper/lower tight to close and the bolt hung on the bolt stop and/or hammer.  (I used a rag wrapped screwdriver on the bolt face to pull the bolt to the rear.  The lower parts are RRA inside an LMT lower.  It functions excellently with 5.56, so I am at a loss to explain why this is happening.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top