Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2005 8:58:45 AM EDT
The 22SD has a regular pistol buffer from Model 1 sales.
The 223 11.5" has an ACE AR Pistol buffer kit.

Both uppers run on the 16 lower too!

http://home.comcast.net/~tdmccallie/Uzi/AR_Pistols_sm.jpg
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Dog,

Those look like way too much fun.  I have a couple of questions, as I have followed Jason's thread, and I am hoping to summarize what might work for an AR pistol, as I have a "pistol" lower coming.

First, the Model one gun appears to be a 22 LR upper, or at least converted.  Is it a dedicated 22LR?  If it is a 5.56 with a Ceiner insert, how is it performing with both (either).  I am not sure whether Model 1 Sales' units have been reworkied with the "new" 1911 spring fix, or whether you had to tweak it.  How is the Ceiner 30 rounder working?

I would presume that the lower gun is working fine, as the recoil system is a standard type.  Is this the case?

Also, have you tried the Bushmaster pistol system?  There was information on it in Jason's thread, and a query, but I could find no replies.

I do think that I am gonna build a pistol of some caliber, I have not yet decided what to do.  I have thought about a 458 or 7.62, but I am leaning towards the 223/22LR combo.

Thanks,

Craig

Edited to add: Perhaps you should have included one of your rifle length barrels in the picture to go with the lower with the rifle stock, for the ATF ya know ;^)
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The top pistol has a 5.5" 1-12 twist cutdown barrel for 22 use only.  I have NO buffer in that gun as the Ciener kit does not use the buffer.  I do have a cut-down 45 recoil spring but I never shoot that one in 223.  

The bottom pistol functions 100% with the 11.5 barrel in semi using the CAR length buffer/spring.

The Rifle lower is a Registered M16 so I can run it with any barrel length I want.  

The Ciener kit used to run around 4 to 5 mags before it needed to be lubed/cleaned again in full auto.  I am having problems with it now as the sear trip seems to be too short.  It does run pretty good on the pistol in semi auto though...Maddog
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you give me the paticulars on the .45 spring and the length of it? Thanks-
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~tdmccallie/Uzi/AR_Pistols_sm.jpg

so what your showing us is the intent and ability to swap lowers , so they can either be a sbr
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
cool.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The top pistol has a 5.5" 1-12 twist cutdown barrel for 22 use only.  I have NO buffer in that gun as the Ciener kit does not use the buffer.

f you want a buffer plug for the .22 so it will not have any tube stickin out, drop me a line...

mark
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~tdmccallie/Uzi/AR_Pistols_sm.jpg

so what your showing us is the intent and ability to swap lowers , so they can either be a sbr

no, he said M16 lower, so he would not be making an unregistered SBR by putting them on top of the other lower...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
MadDog, very cool.  That pic is causing me to consider a pistol project again.

On another note, I'm surprised with the comments alluding to an illegal SBR.  MadDog mentioned "16 lower" in his post.  And if that wasn't clear, the selector and sear seen in the pic obviously show it's an M16.  I'd hate to see some LEO, without attention to detail, reading this thread and thinking this is illegal when it is not.  

Dan
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top