Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 4:03:10 PM EDT
I found the 10 round Ciener mag can be increased to 14 rounds quite easily.   Here's how you do it:  Slide off the floorplate on a 10 round mag and remove the pin/spring guide from the mag body.   Replace the floorplate and now you can load 14 rounds in a 10 round mag.  Squeeze the bottom of the mag body so the floorplate is retained by friction.  Reliability remains the same - no binding whatsoever.  

The only issue: the 14 round magazine has to be inserted with the bolt held to the rear.  But, f you load 13 rounds, the mag can be inserted with the bolt forward.  

I haven't tried it with a 30 round mag, but I'm guessing there would be binding with the higher capacity magazine due to the length of the spring.  

Dan
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top