Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 3:20:45 PM EDT
For those who may be wondering......  I called Olympic today and they said that manufacturing is behind and they are working as fast as they can to build .45 full capacity magazines and they are not currently available.  

I have the 9mm and know how the Oly weld-on block works.  If I get .45 uzi mags elsewhere,  does someone make an off-the-shelf mag block (like the one for Sten mags) that work for standard .45 uzi mags?  

Forgive me if this has been beaten to death in the past, but I know folks must be chomping at the bit to get this stuff.  This is the only reason I waited to get the .45 upper, and now I am lusting for one.  

Last Q:  I think there is an OLY dealer that lurks here.  I would like to order through an ARF.com member, so I am interested in an evil featured upper and mag prices.  wildearp at hotmail.com, please.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI, Oly does not manufacture the 45 mags, they rely on IMI for mags.  Seriously doubt IMI is going to make more 16 round 45 mags.... but you never know.   There should be a lot of 45 mags out there, as most of the Uzi SMG owners who have 45 kit are doing the spare lower with a MAC 10-45 magwell so they can rum M3 mag with 30 round of 45 instead of 16.  

Might be interesting to see if the Hy-Tech block will function in the 45, but for sure the ejector will need remove from the block.  The 45 mags are a snug fit to the std Uzi magwell, so the Hy-Tech block will require some filing to allow the 45 Uzi mag to sit and lock........ I'll have to see if I can install a 45 mag in mine, as I do have Uzi with 9mm, 40, 45acp kit, along with M3 lower for M3 mags.

EDIT- Your "OLY" dealer who lurks here is Mark, posts as 'budam',  Triple Break Products
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the 9mm and know how the Oly weld-on block works.  If I get .45 uzi mags elsewhere,  does someone make an off-the-shelf mag block (like the one for Sten mags) that work for standard .45 uzi mags?  

The original SOCOM block is what Oly initially used/made.  For 10mm/.45ACP/.40S&W they used the SOCOM block and then modified the magazine slightly with a small bolt head that the SOCOM block magazine release would catch on...

My 10mm works very well with this system.  It should work for .45ACP and a little work.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I called OLY again and they said the Uzis were IMI imports and there was an import restriction on mags.  So that is the second story.

I still haven't found a source for mags......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Got o www.subguns.com and do a WTB and see who speaks up...

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I called OLY again and they said the Uzis were IMI imports and there was an import restriction on mags.  So that is the second story.

An import restriction on mags?????   Anyone confirm that?  I thought all mag restrictions died with the AWB.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top