Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 2:55:06 PM EDT
Was looking into the ppossibilities of building an AR pistol after the ban in 9mm. After reading through the internet adn this forum.

Have a few questions regarding parts.

1. If I use a kit from Model 1 or J&T's, anyway to use a shorter buffer tube(Close to pistol length)?

2. Anyone sell a sight system that bolts to a A3 flattop type of upper?

3. Has anyone built an AR 15 pistols in 9mm?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
1.  You should be able to use a pistol buffer.

2.  Most AR optics are designed to be compatible with flat top uppers.  You should be able to find    one pretty easily.

3.  They have been built and are actually easier to build than 223 since they are a blowback design.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick answers.

Does anyone have any pictures of 9mm AR pistols?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I would but hunt101.com won't let  me upload.  Once it does, I will try and post some pics.

ETA- uploads have been down for 3 days

I signed up for photobucket.com since hunt101 is always down.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
These aren't mine.  I think I saw them on gunbroker.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics, but what is that thing on top?

9mm with side chargin handle?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pics, but what is that thing on top?

9mm with side chargin handle?

Yes, I think it used the Olypmic system with the smaller carrier.  I prefer the RRA/Colt system.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:00:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I would look into an Oly OA-93 9mm upper.  I don't know how well a normal pistol buffer would work.  They use the hollow bolt carrier to house part of the recoil spring.  9mm uppers work on a blowback operation.  Without the weight in the bolt carier that 9mm bolts have and without a buffer I think you will have a premature ejection.  The Oly would be bufferless and also shorter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#8]
i will find out when the ban is dead.....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top