Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 7:33:46 AM EDT
I have developed a modification to the ASA magwell block that enables users of Colt mags to have them activate the bolt catch just like the Colt magwell blocks do but still retain the convenience and security of top-loading blocks.

Unfortunately, I have no interest in the actual marketing and sale of this modification and would like to sell out to someone who does.  The mod requires that one slot be cut in the back of the blocks and then a custom actuator is installed, using the existing roll pins.  I have a supply of the actuator pieces (50 of them) and will sell them, along with full instructions for installation and information on where to order more, for what they cost me ($350).

Assuming the availability of a milling machine, the installation will take about ten minutes.  Afterward, the block will still be able to be inserted and removed without changing anything on the rifle, but the bolt catch will be activated if you're using Colt mags.  I would guess that these mods could be offered to people at $30 to $40 each.

If interested, please email me at:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
After dashing off the above post and taking off for work, it occurs to me that it maybe should have gone over to the equipment exchange instead.  If I screwed up by posting it here I apologize and request the moderator delete it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top