Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2004 8:43:43 PM EDT
A few impressions.  I bought a CZ upper and a Simmons 6-24X 50mm scope (hey, the scope was cheap) to place on a stripped upper that I built and had nothing to put on it.  The A-2 stock is nice.

I took a 500rd box of Remington Yellow Jacket HP to the farm and sighted the rifle in at 25 yards (couldn't get any furhter due to rain causing flooding).  The group fired around 150 to 200 rounds by the time we were done.

First impressions:  It seems accurate.  I had no problems keeping the bullets in the bullseye (I shouldn't have either).  Its a very handy rifle.  Short, light to moderate weight, just the right size for rabbit or squirrel hunting.

My fiance likes it and enjoyed shooting it MUCH more than the regular AR-15.  Her nephews, who normally don't like shooting the AR (they are 8 & 12) and coming along nicely) shot it and actually sat down and spotted for each other.  My fiance's dad shot it and liked it a lot (these are 10-22 folks).  Overall, it was well received by everyone who handled and shot the rifle.

I had 4-5 Failure to feed issues.  

Had a few issues of a Failure to Fire on the last round.  

Had one round that seemed to fire out of battery.  It was my first Kaboom ever.  I inspected the casing and it obviously fired a mm out of battery and blew out the casing right in front of the rim.  I don;t know how this happened, but it did.  

Overall, it is accurate and barely reliable.  At this time, I am considering this  part of the break-in period.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top