Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 2:29:36 PM EDT
Ok let me first start off with  this was a project out of pure boredom. I had a can of this plastic dip from another project. So it hit me why not make a sten mag a little more operator friendly. So i took a crappy mag and  a glock sock , a little glue and some pastic dip and wasted a few hours.

I figured where i wanted the grooves to land on the mag , slide it over and marked it. Took it off and put some krazy glue on the area marked  and then slide the grip back on. I used a carpenter's pencil to pull the grip tight from the back to help. I let it cure for a bit and then trimmed the back of the grip off with a razor.

I sealed the mag where need be with some scotch tape so i wouldn't have any problem with feeding. Then i dipped it. 1 inch per every 5 seconds and then put it in a vice and let it dry for a few hours before i gave it a second coat.

Let it dry  and then hit it again with  another coat and while it was drying i made sure it formed  well to the grip.

That's the finish  product  not the prettiest thing but it serves a purpose.Helps add in removing and  it's just all around easier on the hand. I thought about double stacking the grips or even dipping a mag pull on the bottom.
 So what do you guys think? Feel free to be brutal b/c this was a creation of boredom. Any suggestions or ideas  are cool too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks really good.  Are you planning on using your mag as a vertical grip.  My immediate thought was:  Would putting any pressure on your mag cause any type of feeding problems?  Other than that, good idea, good choice in materials and good craftsmanship.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No not at all.  As you can see i have a vertical grip.  But thanks for the compliment.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top