Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 12:59:08 AM EDT
I´m about to purchase couple of Uzi mags and I would like to know location of mag catch slot ie. distance from top of the feedlips.

Thanks in advance.

MN
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]

The best way I have found is to insert the mag to the proper height into the block with the mag catch rotated out of the way.  Mark the open space with a marker.  Remove extraneous material.  Go play. [uzi]

J

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
that's how we do it.
it's not rocket science.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I´ll try that and tell you the results. [:D]

MN
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Would the moderator pretty, pretty please tack a thread at the top about how to modify uzi mags to work in a colt 9mm system?  This question seems to pop up the minute the previous time it was asked drops off the bottom of the page...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
No it's not rocket science but different UZI mags yield different heights if you rely on the front of the mag to stop on the mag well mag stop. That's why I made a milling fixture and my converted mags are correct. I use a inserted live round in my set up and remove it prior to milling. Measuring from the feed lips can work and can be wrong.  Lips not in the correct position will make the mag higher or lower than it's supposed to be.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=174904[/url]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top