Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 10:04:47 AM EDT
I have seen the pics on here before, but can anyone tell me where to get the curved 9mm mags for the Colt system?  I dont recall if they were 30 or 40 rounders.  Any infor is appreciated!

Dan
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Like this one?  I don't know the name of them.  I just milled the slot for the mag catch and it worked.

[img]http://users.zoominternet.net/~picplace/curved9mmmag.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just like that!  Do you recall where you got it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone once told me they were a variety of madsen mag - a large distributor was selling them for $5/ea.  Someone then realized they made good 9mm ar-15 mags and they disappeared from the market.   A bit later, JLD Enterprises started selling the converted mags for $35/ea and then I think $45/ea before they finally ran out about a year ago.  I got two, and they worked better than either coverted uzi mags or the straight "argentine contract" 40 rounders CDNN was selling, although they do look a bit goofy at first, since a straight mag is the more traditional look.  JLD was the only place I've seen sell these in volume, and they've been out of them for a year.  

I am probably gonna sell my 9mm AR to fund an F/A purchase as soon as I can find someone to sign a form 4 for me.  I was gonna keep these because they are somewhat unique as well as my colt mags, but now I'm thinking I'll just sell everything.  If I do sell the gun, I'll send you a PM about the mags, if you're interested.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just like that!  Do you recall where you got it?
View Quote

Gun show.  $10.00 If I remember.  The seller said it didn't fit anything.  I measured it and bought it!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I think they are 9mm Madsen SMG magazines. I believe it was called a model 50 (thanks Dave H.)
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup.  Those feed GREAT!!!!

I have a few......
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think they are 9mm Madsen SMG magazines. I believe it was called a model 50 (thanks Dave H.)
View Quote

You are correct sir.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually, I think they are the for the M/53.  The M/50 uses straight mags.  I believe the straight M/50 mags can also be used in the M/53, but not vice versa.  Both can be adapted for use in the colt AR system.

Rocko
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top