Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 6:03:42 PM EDT
Ok..I decided to try a different color scheme since I already own another green AR,  my 9mm was chosen. This is what she looked like before..

And this is after my home camo job.

Well...I'm not sure what I like more, the original or the "desert" camo. Either way I can turn her back to her former self in a jiffy. I'll leave this one on for a while and see what kind of looks I get at the range. :D

Good Shooting
Red
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice job Red! What brand forearm is that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice.  What paint did you use and how easy is it to switch back?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

The forend was made by Kurt over at KKF. The barrel was also cut to 14.5" and a A3 Tac Brake installed by Kurt.

As for going back to green or black I'd have to use paint remover as this stuff is permanent. The sand color was HS Paints marsh grass and the brown was flat brown Krylon.  If I can find some sand color bowflauge I'll paint the barrel and reciever. I just hesitate to do that with regular paints.

Good Shooting
Red
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
[:X*]

go back to the green.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top