Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2003 4:33:52 PM EDT
Anybody?

Notice the insertion of the Grease Gun mag without mag blocks, or any mods to the lower.

http://www.cavalryarms.com/magwell-2.jpg

http://www.cavalryarms.com/magwell-3.jpg

Somebody tell me, I've got money to spend.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried posting this on the KKF forum, but he nuked it and called it 'advertising'.  

Kurt's .45 upper feeds from the middle, colt style, but I think he's going to be building one of his own and doesn't want to get whacked by Cav Arms low price.  I didn't really figure that out until after I posted the pics over there...

Free market is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

Build it and they will come! I say, who doesn't want to feed my .45 bullets from a flattened Uzi mag...

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Olympic style .45 uppers require the magazine to be in the frontmost part of the magwell, but it's possible that someone will make one work.
View Quote

I'll be working on just this issue sometime this fall, school and schedule allowing.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just wish  someone would build one soon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody is going to build one, and the mag block that is needed too.

This is a good year to buy 9mm stuff.  I am going to be patient and see what comes in the .45 stuff around the end of the year.  Between this Cav lower and the Beretta Storm, once we put the AWB to bed, there will be a lot of creative new stuff coming out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, aside from Kurt.... no one.  The upper is there, as he has shown pics that use a 9mm block and Uzi 41 mags opened up.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I just dont understand why a 45 AR hasnt been produced yet to take greasegun mags.  It's a fact that .45 is superior to 9mm, it is a fact 45 UZI mags are 5 times as much as greasegun mags.  It is also a fact that I'll buy a 45acp AR that uses greasegun mags even at a higer price than an Oly 45 conversion using Uzi mags.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  If you build it we will buy it.  Simple economics, if you need cash were willing to give it to you....make the damned thing already!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just dont understand why a 45 AR hasnt been produced yet to take greasegun mags.  It's a fact that .45 is superior to 9mm, it is a fact 45 UZI mags are 5 times as much as greasegun mags.  It is also a fact that I'll buy a 45acp AR that uses greasegun mags even at a higer price than an Oly 45 conversion using Uzi mags.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  If you build it we will buy it.  Simple economics, if you need cash were willing to give it to you....make the damned thing already!!!
View Quote

Your frustration is not suffered in silence.  I have perused this site for a few years and finding anyone who'll make a GG mag complient AR is like finding the holy grail.  Everyone has asked for it, but no one wants to deliver. I dont know why. [V]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top