Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2002 6:09:45 PM EDT
Guys, I bought a pre-ban Colt Sporter rifle, lower is stamped 9mm, has the raised fence, sear block and the three holes in the magazine well. It also has a large front pivot pin - someone told me it has been drilled out. How can I tell? Is there such a thing as a Sporter raised fence with a large hole? Is there a Colt 9mm upper out there with a large hole?
Thanks, I'm trying to decide what to do with this.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You bought it as a complete lower only?  Was the blocks installed in the mag well?  The holes in the mag well are/were to hold factory installed blocks convert the 223 to 9mm.  If the mag well will accept a 223 mag, then someone took out the 9mm blocks.

I can't say about the large hole pivot pin.  I'm not well versed on the small hole/large hold thing.  It's possible.  But using one of those hole/offset adapter will solve any problems of putting a small hole upper on it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top