Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2002 5:56:25 AM EDT
I've looked at the oly and colt 9mm conversion kits and was wondering if there any other brands? and if you have used them? also I was wondering if the 9mm is much quiter .223?
Thanks
~ARGeorgeW
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms and ASA both also produce clones of the Colt 9mm system.  Oly is the only producer of the Olympic 9mm system - although it has also been resold with modifications by Dalphon.

Model 1 Sales has a 9mm upper system, which I believe is based on the Colt system, as well - but have no direct experience with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That sums it up.....

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the 9mm AR is quieter than the .223 version.

And indoor ranges love 9mm ARs.

BTW - Colt just stopped propduction of the 9mm AR so it's RRA and ASA.

And around these parts, RRA gets the nod between the two.

Me, love my Oly Arms PCR-9 using those $4 (32) round Sten mags and a SOCOM adapter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Alright, thanks guys ive looked at them (but boy are they exepensive), I prefer the look of the oly kit over the other ones, these 9mm converts are pricey is there a cheaper way like buying just a bolt carrier, barrel, mag block?
AR_GeorgeW
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top