Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2018 11:41:40 PM EDT
Bushing maybe? Anyone mate these two together somehow?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome and, yes, there is a bushing available. It has been done.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, did that on my fathers clonish rifle I built him. Once you get the bushing clocked right a drop or two of gorilla glue / super glue and you're good to go. It's just to keep the bushing from rotating when you separate the receivers. Otherwise it can be a pain to get the holes to line up. And this way it's not permanent should you get a retro lower.

Never seen an offset pin like posted above before.  Just used an offset bushing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never seen an offset pin like posted above before.  Just used an offset bushing.
View Quote
Offset pin is for reverse case of small hole upper on big hole lower.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I Found the offset bushing. Curious as to why these are offset. Seems like maybe to guarantee fit to many types of upper/lowers?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I Found the offset bushing. Curious as to why these are offset. Seems like maybe to guarantee fit to many types of upper/lowers?
View Quote
The big pin holes are offset forward of the centerline location of the small pin holes. If the holes were on the same centerline you could just use a straight bushing or sleeve, but the holes are offset relative to each other, requiring the offset bushing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top