Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 2:11:43 PM EDT
Hello ,just getting into building a AR-15.and would like to know which jig to purchase.I have seen so many and would like some help on this from you folks.thank you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you like gladiator movies?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello ,just getting into building a AR-15.and would like to know which jig to purchase.I have seen so many and would like some help on this from you folks.thank you.
View Quote

Sorry boss. A lot of our members are wrapped up in the fappening thread.
They should be along shortly to love you tenderly.
Welcome.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You're like the 234th Captain Hook we've had here.

Not bad for a guy whom Native Hawaiians passed in the woods.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Tick tock, tick tock...

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
People keep breaking the first rule of Fight Club....

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]
In before familiar
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
In Before NorCal!!

Have you ever been to a turkish bathhouse?
Have you ever seen a grown man nekked?  
9mm or 45?

Your angus.  Pepper it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#8]
The plastic one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome!

9mm or .45?
Beans or No beans?
Glock or 1911?

Prepare yourself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you blind ?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Gee, really sorry to have joined this forum  Me thinking I would get some good info. But bunch of ass holes instead .people told me this is a great forum to join .Wrong now you can add another Caps Hook 234 to your list .
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gee, really sorry to have joined this forum  Me thinking I would get some good info. But bunch of ass holes instead .people told me this is a great forum to join .Wrong now you can add another Caps Hook 234 to your list .
View Quote

Back in first!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Poor OP wondered into GD looking for technical advice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

So youve never been to GD and this is your very first time. Is that what Im hearing?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Howdy!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
new guy chill out , you just posted in GD , GD is a zoo at best , please look around the other sub forums and you will find all the info you need .

welcome to the site.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
General Discussion is not for the faint of heart.  You want the technical forums under the AR15 button. You clicked General. Stay out of there for a year, get a feel for the place.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Dupe sorry delete
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
General Discussion is where all the shenanigans take place so don't take those guys seriously.

Welcome to ARFCOM!

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I moved your thread out of General Discussions  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I moved your thread out of General Discussions  

Spoilsport
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#24]
A jig for attaching the barrel? Or are you making a lower receiver from 80%?

Edit: And yeah, "General Discussion" is where all the meaningless banter goes, to keep it out of the tech forums.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
new guy chill out , you just posted in GD , GD is a zoo at best , please look around the other sub forums and you will find all the info you need .
welcome to the site.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
welcome to the site.

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Welcome to ARFcom.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should never go into GD for any reason.  It is a terrible place that is mostly used by men who can't find love on craigslist to bark at each other.  

The build it yourself section is found on the far left tab under ar-15 and look for build it yourself.  Not sure what you mean for jigs and I hope you are not starting your first gun off as an 80% as it is more for the mechanically inclined.  

A very popular route for first time 'builder's is the put together the lower yourself and buy a complete lower from any number of reputable companies.  If you look at the top of the basics section you can find this which I think is a decent way to find your way around here.  The problem with starting off with AR15s is that there are a million ways you can go with your rifle.  There are lots of questions and no frequently asked questions would ever cover them all and information evolves and changes at a pace that makes it prohibitive to try and lay them out for new members.  I would suggest figure out how to use the few bastions of useful forum sections like the subsections within the ar15 part but not the ar15general which should really just be used for looking at pictures to get ideas of what you want.  Try not to ask a question for a few days but just to look around as it has very likely been answered over and over again.

Your thread is also recently brought over from the general discussion and has some of the grade A knowledge they have to offer spread through it.  Understand that those kinds of posts spread quickly and easily and even though you are back in a technical section other users may see that someone else was silly so they will be too.  Simply ignore the stuff that gets under your skin or has nothing to do with your question.

Good luck
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you Sir just the answer. I was looking for again thank you for your time .Ron
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Welcome aboard. STAY AWAY from GD as you have found out, The mindless twits hang out in there only to bump their post count up. As for your jig, what are you trying to accomplish, An 80%?
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top