Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2020 11:22:40 AM EDT
I have a pre-ban Colt Match Grade H-Bar with a really heavy trigger. Breaks at just above 8lbs on my Lyman trigger pull gauge. I have a Stag with a with a Geissele trigger that is absolutely fantastic. Does any body have any recommendations for the Colt? Do some work better that others in this platform. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
CMC
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It will be hard to beat the value per dollar of the Larue MBT-2 trigger.  There are some specialty triggers that can do specific things better, but they cost about twice as much, some times even more than that.  The last MBT-2 I bought cost just under $90 because I didn't use the "I gotta have it right now" special order that would have boosted the cost by around $30.  It arrived within 2 weeks in any case.  It is a 2 stage trigger with the first stage taking about 2.5 pounds pull, and the final stage only requiring around 1 pound...very controllable and nice to shoot with.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a pre-ban Colt Match Grade H-Bar with a really heavy trigger. Breaks at just above 8lbs on my Lyman trigger pull gauge. I have a Stag with a with a Geissele trigger that is absolutely fantastic. Does any body have any recommendations for the Colt? Do some work better that others in this platform. Thanks for the help!
View Quote

I ditched the stock "match" trigger in my large pin Colt for a large pin Geissele SSA-E.

Threw in a set of the JP Enterprises green springs and this thing is awesome to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
That picture was an older one.

This is her current outfit...
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feed back! I've looked at the LaRue trigger you recommended on their web site. It has a ton of great reviews but it sounds too good to be true. I am really leaning towards this trigger now so thanks again. LaRue is putting these in their $2000 and $3000 rifles so I would imagine they have the bugs worked out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Geissele SD-E and Larue MBT-2S and not sure I could tell the difference if I were to do a “blind taste test.”
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#8]
@fariaguard

Do the pre-ban Colts have standard FCG pins?

Or did they get the large pins in them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
If it is a target rifle I would get the RRA 2 stage varmint,although too light for NRA matches. IMO it is as good as the SSA.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an older LaRue OBR from when they were using the Geissele triggers and have used several of the LaRue MBT2 triggers in other ARs and I really can’t tell a difference between the two. I used to want to use the Timney triggers but tried the LaRue based on the price of them, and I’m glad I did. I have a number of MBT2 triggers waiting to be used. Really can’t beat the price and quality of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#13]
For a pure target rig I really like my Hiperfire 24E. No pretravel, no post travel, crisp and 2.5lbs.  With increased thwack to the firing pin.

For anything else being the cheap guy I am (work in education, only income in family) I really like the trigger that comes with the Joe Bob Outfitters "Enhanced" LPK.  Probably not worth the $55 for JUST the trigger though.

If you like your G unit, why not just get another?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#14]
MBT-2S is fantastic for the money.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top