Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2020 9:06:37 PM EDT
I have a AA piston kit on an old mega mono upper.  Old stuff.   It has been a 556 and a 762x39 in its life and has worked perfect in those.  I decided to swap the barrel and bolt to a 6.8spc. I have a 6.8 bolt from ARP and it wont insert all the way into the AA piston carrier.  There is a small shelf just inside the opening where the ID shrinks some.  Is my 6.8 bolt just too fat for some reason?  Had no idea they came larger....it worked fine in my other bolt carriers, and of course my 556 and 7.62 bolts worked fine in the AA bc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
That's because Adams Arms carriers weren't exactly to spec.
I ran into the same issue and had to buy a specific bolt.
I have one available if you are interested.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's because Adams Arms carriers weren't exactly to spec.
I ran into the same issue and had to buy a specific bolt.
I have one available if you are interested.
View Quote
Specific?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Specific?
View Quote
Yes. An Adams Arms piston specific super bolt from the company that cannot be named.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
This gun has been a 556 and 762x39 in its life....never had an issue with those bolts.  I know the ARP bolt is beefed up in the area.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top