Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2015 12:33:09 AM EDT
Don't waste your money guys. I tried charging with this freaking thing and it kept getting stuck on my bcg. Apparently the front of the CH isn't mil spec which causes malfunctions to the charging handle. Poorly designed imo

Going to raise hell for a refund if they try to charge me for a restocking fee.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That's too bad.

Assuming that there weren't any issues, how are the ergos of the handle?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quite a few aftermarket charging handles are beefed up and may not work with piston components.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It's actually smaller and feels more brittle than the raptor CH. I don't think it was anodized either so it scratch just by putting it in my upper. Again I know piston configurations have different carriers, but I have never had this problem with any charging handle.

I honestly thought it was going to be amazing. Felt great and looked great until I pulled back and got stuck on my cam pin.

Rainier arms was cool about it though. They asked if I wanted a refund or exchange. I said refund because it wasn't defective, but incompatible. I'll probably revert to raptor or bcm Gunfighter as those were my favorite for my setup.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quite a few aftermarket charging handles are beefed up and may not work with piston components.
View Quote

^^^This.
When you get outside of the blueprints for mil-spec, you roll the dice and ya gets what ya gets.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Fortis Hammer CH that binds when used with a AA Piston carrier as well. But it works fine with my Syrac piston carrier. :)
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My AA system binds with the Rainier Raptor CH but worked ok with BCM CH. Can only pull it about halfway til it binds up. I think each manufacturer comes up with their own slight changes in specs and then we get incompatibility issues. I've since reverted all my AR's to BCM charging handles.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My AA system binds with the Rainier Raptor CH but worked ok with BCM CH. Can only pull it about halfway til it binds up. I think each manufacturer comes up with their own slight changes in specs and then we get incompatibility issues. I've since reverted all my AR's to BCM charging handles.
View Quote

I have two different AXTS RAPTOR charging handles and they don't bind. It may be just a ranier arms problem?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top