[Last Edit: Modern_Outfitters]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s a cool little heater but damn thats scar and kac money
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I got to handle one in person at the Meridian store a few months back.  Very nice. It’s on my short, short list of acquisitions for this year.  I’m going to see if I can go rent one and try my Wolf 9SD on it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nanashi] [#5]
You could do better than this. PDW style stock or use the Laure stock that is really short and that option would be folded like your example, unlike the PDW style. Pros and cons to both those options. Fold-able means it's not usable unless it's opened up PDW style won't be as compact.

Also, I shouldn't even be pointing this out, I mean I should just be minding my own damn business. But are you shouldering a weapon in that video that is designated a pistol and your also trying to sell it to law enforcement?

What about the sig that has a folding stock and it works while folded and I think you can get that in 300 blackout. Man, I am sorry for ripping on you guys, I think I am just a little salty about all the lack of innovation. The biggest issue with the AR15 is its bolt design, it's really the main thing that keeps it from being an MP5 with a rifle cartridge.

It is a cool looking gun none the less.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nanashi:
You could do better than this. PDW style stock or use the Laure stock that is really short and that option would be folded like your example, unlike the PDW style. Pros and cons to both those options. Fold-able means it's not usable unless it's opened up PDW style won't be as compact.

Also, I shouldn't even be pointing this out, I mean I should just be minding my own damn business. But are you shouldering a weapon in that video that is designated a pistol and your also trying to sell it to law enforcement?

What about the sig that has a folding stock and it works while folded and I think you can get that in 300 blackout. Man, I am sorry for ripping on you guys, I think I am just a little salty about all the lack of innovation. The biggest issue with the AR15 is its bolt design, it's really the main thing that keeps it from being an MP5 with a rifle cartridge.

It is a cool looking gun none the less.
View Quote
I think maybe since it was built as and intended to be used as a pistol occasional shouldering is fine. The appeal to LE may be that there is no NFA stigma attached to it, regardless whether or not their paperwork is different from ours. The current setup is built on a stock AR system for familiarity and construction considerations I’d guess. I’m not sure how fast an officer would need to be able to unfold and bring to bear this weapon but I don’t think a few seconds would matter if it’s a deep cover type situation.  If it’s time sensitive I’m guessing concealment isn’t an issue. There are Hks in rifle caliber in a small package as well as SIGs. Unless I’m mistaken, there are companies making HK type weapons in .300BLK. The choice of the standard AR platform may be so 99% of the gun community could work on one on a kitchen table or PD armorer’s bench (likely an old desk) without special tooling or training. I guess PDs are able to get what they want within budget. The MC6SD may meet budgetary needs. Also, being non-NFA, it MAY make it easier on individual officers.  Just my opinion of course. I do plan purchasing one later this year but other than being a customer of MO, that’s the end of my affiliation so take it for what it’s worth. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
My money... shut up and take it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't I just build one cheaper?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the handguard available separately?

James
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:09:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Iwantfullauto:
Is the handguard available separately?

James
View Quote
They may have changed their stance, but when I asked on IG last year I was told no.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Nanashi:

View Quote
No one, not even the BATFE, care about this. It is a non-issue that is not even worth discussing and is not a problem when video recorded.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Great looking firearm. Whats the length of that handguard?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok so I’ve been drooling over this for a while now. I want one bad. Question, if you don’t mind:

My .30 suppressors are all Surefire. I have various 7.62 RCs and a 300 SPS direct thread.  I’m a little concerned about clearance at the end of the handguard should I swap to a SF FH/brake, and need to manipulate the collar when attaching the can. (I hope that makes sense)  Can you help me understand the “inner diameter” clearance there and if you have any thoughts on wether I’d have an issue?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Modern_Outfitters:

Correct.  The hand guard interfaces with the MC6 upper only.  It will not work with someone else's upper receiver.
View Quote
Then sell me the upper receiver and handguard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#22]

The only suppressors we have run into any issue with are the SIG QD cans.  They have a large OD and the ratchet on them will slightly rub the inside of the SD rail when taking them on and off.  We haven't had any complaints about using SF cans on them.  The guns were designed around Griffin Armament Taper Mount cans and their lack of a ratchet system.  The SD rail has an "inner diameter" of 1.70" if that helps.
View Quote
Thank you, it does help!
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#23]

We will be selling complete uppers soon.  No parts kits though until demand slows or production catches up.
View Quote
Alright, but give me the option of a Dead Air flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice looking gun. I may have to buy that upper when it comes available.
Does anybody make a streamlined stock that looks like the tailhook? I have a sbr so I don’t need a brace.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I was able to handle one week before last with a collapsible brace and a pdw stock as well as the Tailhook. All three were very handy. A friend and I are looking at getting one each in June most likely.  One of them had the Kinetic Dev quick release Aimpoint mount. That thing is FAST off!   Pretty ingenious little thing.  Probably going to get that too:)
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 2:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Regal556] [#27]
I have a few questions. How much does it weigh? Will it cycle subs without a can? What is the twist rate on the barrel? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 4:05:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4nik8r] [#29]
RECEIVER EXTENSION:

What buffer tube are you using on the pistol? In the description it sounds like you are referencing the adjustable M4 buffer tube.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#31]
The pistol variant uses an extended length pistol tube.  The SBR variant uses a carbine buffer tube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4nik8r:
RECEIVER EXTENSION:

What buffer tube are you using on the pistol? In the description it sounds like you are referencing the adjustable M4 buffer tube.
The pistol variant uses an extended length pistol tube.  The SBR variant uses a carbine buffer tube.
Do you make the pistol tube in house and if not who makes them?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 4nik8r:
Do you make the pistol tube in house and if not who makes them?
View Quote
It may be easier to call them and get all your questions answered in a 5 minute call. They are very helpful when you call. I’ve dealt with Trey and Matt(I think) and they’ve always been happy to answer any detailed questions and give insight into certain aspects of the platform when I made inquiries. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#33]

It is available with a stock or PDW style brace/stock.  We have shipped them in all configurations.  However, we have found that 90% of end users want the pistol variant with the Gearhead Tailhook brace.  Agencies tend to buy them with side folding adjustable stocks.  Commercial customers want the side folding pistol.  SIG makes a great gun in the MCX.  I have one.  Nothing wrong with it.  Only issue is that it has virtually no interchangeable replacement parts that are compatible with the AR.  This means if I want back up parts I have to source them from SIG directly.

We wanted a gun that didn't anchor the end user to our proprietary parts in the event of a failure or breakage.  The entire operating system of this little gun can be replaced or changed using parts sourced off the internet and access to a few armorer tools if need be.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeE23666] [#34]
@Modern_Outfitters

Would that rail system be sold separately?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#36]
1.  In regards to the handguard you pictured above on the .300 pistol with the ribbed bottom panel + handstop...  What lengths of this ribbed version are offered? Can I order an upper or rifle with a 10-13" version of this ribbed rail?

2.  Can I send a Proof Research carbon barrel for an upper build or rifle build?

3.  Is it accurate to say that you only offer full rifle builds currently?
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#38]
So this is like a Sig Sauer "rattler" but uses much more standard parts ?  I like this .
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#39]
When will these be available?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#40]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top