BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2018 2:10:09 PM EDT
89$

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/NEW-US-Military-Contract-Over-Run-A1-Stripped-Upper-Receiver-Rare-Find-Great-For-Retro-Builds-_p_8156.html?utm_source=Customers&utm_campaign=b2785ec537-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_09_16_03_23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1daae510d2-b2785ec537-306343881&mc_cid=b2785ec537&mc_eid=1c704782ce
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Price has gone way up since the last batch.  Not sure who produced these but they are lacking the colt C based on the photos.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Got one. Been wanting one of these for a truck gun. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I see an Anchor-Harvey mark is about it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see an Anchor-Harvey mark is about it.
View Quote
Yeah, looks like. Who knows who did the machining. Still, good price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
this be good for a 723 clone?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
723 clone? Yes, it would. Get a black Brownells A1 lower.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know who machined these as part of a "military contract" but Bushmaster used to offer a Black C7 upper with the split A forge stamp. Luth-AR(formerly DPMS) has them again also.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, looks like. Who knows who did the machining. Still, good price.
View Quote
I have read that LAR/Grizzly did the machining on these.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, GTG?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Great price. Ordered 2 to get free shipping. Thanks OP
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So, GTG?
View Quote
I would have complete confidence in LAR/Grizzly's machining.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shit. If I knew about that I would have got another one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw this upper.

Question: Does anyone offer a complete parts/build kit?

I know you can buy separate parts but I would like to get a kit if possible.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I saw this upper.

View Quote
Parts/build kit for what...
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
They cleared out the LAR inventory over a year ago.  When LAR/Grizzley closed up DTT blew out a ton of their products that they bought out for dirt cheap (1-2 years ago).  They advertised all LAR products as LAR and didn't leave it all hidden in mystery.

At best guess these aren't LAR product but are more than likely the Luth-AR products as DTT added a number of the Luth-AR products in the last week that had not previously been available through DTT.  Luth-AR makes a c7 upper and several other retro products.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw this upper.

This upper maybe?

Complete A1 sight, ejection port door and parts, forward assist and parts?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This upper maybe?

View Quote
I doubt anyone sells a kit with A1 sights and standard forward assist/port door. Upper completion kits are cheap though, and A1 rear sights are too. Buy them both from the same place and there is no difference really that it's not a complete "kit"
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I doubt anyone sells a kit with A1 sights and standard forward assist/port door. Upper completion kits are cheap though, and A1 rear sights are too. Buy them both from the same place and there is no difference really that it's not a complete "kit"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This upper maybe?

Fulton sells an A2 kit, I thought maybe someone sells an A1 kit

Oh well
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#20]
The correct parts for this would be an A1 rear sight with an A2 port door and a round forward assist (small or large)

https://www.luth-ar.com/product/a1-rear-sight-assembly/

https://www.luth-ar.com/product/a3-upper-receiver-parts-kit/

Other than having to click to add two items to your cart what's the difference that it's not a complete kit?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here!
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
What’s the deal to get free shipping
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks, I got 2.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
As soon as I got the email from them, I had one in my cart and checked out right away.  I don't know how many they have so I figured I had better act fast.  This is going to look great on my SBR that currently has an A2 upper in residence.  Now if I could just find an original FA (repros don't have the curve of the original ones).  Good thing is I get to sell off the A2 receiver and buy more retro parts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Interestingly enough, Fulton Armory has C7 upper receivers in stock from a "USGI Contractor" No pics of them though and priced higher. I wonder if they are the same as the ones at DTT.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m in for two?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#27]
OOS
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#28]
The only well known military producer of C7 uppers was Diamco in canada which where usually Kieser forged. They got bought out by Colt in 2005 but I'm not sure where they are manufactured now. Coincidentally there where allot of police trade in Commando uppers for sell around 2005.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OOS
View Quote
That was quick. I wonder how many of us there are.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I already have a bushmaster and D K(dixie tool and die) c7 upper but I picked one of these up in case it matched my lower better. It was a pretty good deal considering any c7 upper was going for about $200 on the EE. They said this is only the second time in 15 years they have gotten a batch of these milspec uppers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I wanted one but I’ve spent too much already this year.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I wanted one but I’ve spent too much already this year.
View Quote
I was still going to buy one and forgot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't know how many they have so I figured I had better act fast.
View Quote
I was right on top of this one, but held off purchasing.

It would be nice if someone just made this a stock item and kept regularly putting them out.

They'd certainly sell a lot of them...
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#34]
It'll be interesting to see how fast you guys received your uppers from Delta team...
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It'll be interesting to see how fast you guys received your uppers from Delta team...
View Quote
I'll post it, when they're received.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#36]
What military contact was this a part of?

MK18 Mod -87
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I will post here when I see the 2 that I ordered. I received my order confirmation right away when I placed my order on Sunday. Nothing new so far, hopefully I see a tracking number/shipment notification soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I will post here when I see the 2 that I ordered. I received my order confirmation right away when I placed my order on Sunday. Nothing new so far, hopefully I see a tracking number/shipment notification soon.
View Quote
I've ordered from before and they always come through... not always the fastest, or Direct CS.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Ahhhh boooo. They're out of stock.

Any of you guys that ordered more than you truly wanted, hit me up...
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone get shipping info?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The only well known military producer of C7 uppers was Diamco in canada which where usually Kieser forged. They got bought out by Colt in 2005 but I'm not sure where they are manufactured now. Coincidentally there where allot of police trade in Commando uppers for sell around 2005.
View Quote
You mean Kaiser?  All of the real deal C7/C8 uppers I’ve seen were either Colt C H marked or Diemaco Waltec. Some even had C and a devtek with the Waltec forge code.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone get shipping info?
View Quote
I received a shipping confirmation and tracking number on Thursday. Just got notification that mine are out for delivery today according to USPS. Will post again when they are in hand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Received mine today. AH mark, everything looks great!

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
The triple nested W Waltec are the most common. Waltec is a Canadian forge company.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Received mine today too. They look exactly the same as the one pictured above. Very happy, especially for $89.99ea and free shipping Thanks again OP!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Received mine today also. It looks almost identical in fit and finish to my Fulton a1 upper that I payed $220 for. However if you look on the invoice it is listed as an LAR Grizzly A1 upper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine came in today. Nice piece. Finish is modern, as previously stated. Not sure how I want to get around that for my retro build. I'm extremely happy with it for the price, however. These uppers have always interested me, as I love the retro A1 sight look but hate it when I go to shoot left handed and get treated to brass on my cheek. I should have bought two.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#48]
The anodizing has a rough texture to it just like my Fulton c7 upper. Apparently LAR Grizzly is known to make parts for Fulton.

Taken from AR15.com

Who makes the best receiver?

Which receiver is the best?

Which receiver is the highest quality?

Of course the answer is that all of them are pretty much the same. The actual brand of receiver means little to nothing. When deciding on which receiver you should purchase you should take into consideration two factors. Price and manufacturer. Of course if price is not an object, get the receiver that has the logo or emblem that you want. I know that is superficial, but the best receiver really boils down to the one you like the best.

There are currently FOUR manufacturers that produce the majority of lower receivers for the AR market. MMS, CMT, LMT and LAR receive orders from many licensed manufacturers who obtain an ATF variance to have them cut and logo receivers on their behalf.
Mega, Stag (CMT), LAR and Barrett (LMT):

Currently we sell Lower receivers from LAR ( Double Star )who makes them for:
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#49]
I contacted them and they said mine would ship soon because they are waiting on a shipment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The anodizing has a rough texture to it just like my Fulton c7 upper. Apparently LAR Grizzly is known to make parts for Fulton.

Taken from AR15.com

Who makes the best receiver?

Which receiver is the best?

Which receiver is the highest quality?

Of course the answer is that all of them are pretty much the same. The actual brand of receiver means little to nothing. When deciding on which receiver you should purchase you should take into consideration two factors. Price and manufacturer. Of course if price is not an object, get the receiver that has the logo or emblem that you want. I know that is superficial, but the best receiver really boils down to the one you like the best.

There are currently FOUR manufacturers that produce the majority of lower receivers for the AR market. MMS, CMT, LMT and LAR receive orders from many licensed manufacturers who obtain an ATF variance to have them cut and logo receivers on their behalf.
Mega, Stag (CMT), LAR and Barrett (LMT):

Currently we sell Lower receivers from LAR ( Double Star )who makes them for:
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
View Quote
Please post the link to the source of that info.

Thanks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top