Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 7:54:49 AM EDT
Some retro content in the linked blog post.

I'm not sure, but think perhaps this gentleman hangs here or at least visits upon occasion.  If you're not already checking out his blog on a daily basis, you may find it of interest.

Anyway, he seems quite taken with this gizmo, which seems a bit expensive for my purposes but obviously from apparant demand, the mileage varies.

contraption posting here
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I quite interested in this thing also. Will be watching.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I love when the ATF guy says it was his "job" to stop someone from making "this" from "this".   I don't think that's his job. The retro possibilities are pretty cool. If you are serious, 1K is not too bad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You COULD get it and reprofile A2 to A1 and resell them as retro 80%ers............possibly. I'm not sure of the repercussions of doing so.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You COULD get it and reprofile A2 to A1 and resell them as retro 80%ers............possibly. I'm not sure of the repercussions of doing so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see no repercussions, as long as your just reprofiling the 80% and not completing the forging, your just selling hunks of metal, same as selling bar stock or sheets of metal, it isn't a firearm.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered one
View Quote

My new bestest friend.   Seriously, you did?   I wonder how you go about engraving with it......what kind of software is compatible with it as far as doing engraving, etc.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it is a really interesting idea, so interesting that I jumped in the first 100 to be offered.

Here is a thread from a couple days ago; enjoy the derision.  Ghost Gunner

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top