Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 6:05:34 PM EDT
My buddy sent me this, I thought some of you guys might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HE5hE9hB0A&feature=em-share_video_user
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My buddy sent me this, I thought some of you guys might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HE5hE9hB0A&feature=em-share_video_user
View Quote

I guess he should have sent it to you as a hot link...
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
13:59...

and 23:15...
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Never seen that one before. Pretty funny and insightful. Comment says 1964, but may be later.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
As funny as it was meant to be that was a lot more training than I got on the M-16 before getting sent to Vietnam in 1967.  I trained on the M-14 in Basic and before being sent to Vietnam I was given three days of "RVN" training at Ft Polk LA.

RVN training consisted of the instructors telling us all we were going to die and four hours familiarity with the M-16.   We actually got to shoot 20 rounds.  The instructors told us we would learn everything we needed to learn when we got Vietnam so no need to worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
forward assist, full mag fence, and birdcage flash suppressor  . . . I suspect it was after 1964

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As funny as it was meant to be that was a lot more training than I got on the M-16 before getting sent to Vietnam in 1967.  I trained on the M-14 in Basic and before being sent to Vietnam I was given three days of "RVN" training at Ft Polk LA.

RVN training consisted of the instructors telling us all we were going to die and four hours familiarity with the M-16.   We actually got to shoot 20 rounds.  The instructors told us we would learn everything we needed to learn when we got Vietnam so no need to worry about it.
View Quote

Not funny.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not funny.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not funny.  

My dad said the same thing. He basically had to familiarize himself with the M16 IN COMBAT. SO friggin stupid how the army rushed these things in there like that. Not to mention the "maintenance free" myth that got a ton of G.I.'s killed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

RVN training consisted of the instructors telling us all we were going to die and four hours familiarity with the M-16.   We actually got to shoot 20 rounds.  The instructors told us we would learn everything we needed to learn when we got Vietnam so no need to worry about it
View Quote

My "RVN Training" was pretty much the same thing. Except it was at Ft. Devens, MA. In February, '68. In the snow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My "RVN Training" was pretty much the same thing. Except it was at Ft. Devens, MA. In February, '68. In the snow.
View Quote

Ft Devens, ASA?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell I was in the Air Force. We were lucky we even got to touch a rifle! They handed it to us, said " shoot that target" and took it away before we hurt somebody. If it wasn't for the 20mm Vulcan I'd have been completly defenseless!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#12]
My old man was in the air force, special operations in 67-68 and had the exact same experience after a month or so in country "Sgt, this is much better than your m2, take this, here's ammo" proceeded to dump 20 rounds full auto into a nearby tree and that was it, next use was in TET!  Him being a shooter, he actually liked the rifle. He had his shit square and tight when he was a young man for sure.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top