Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 6:13:46 PM EDT
OK guys........which color from USAnodizing would be the correct color for a 607.  They offer "Early Gray" (XM16 and M16) and Preban Gray (SP1 and M16A1)    I've probably asked this before, but between ADD, Part timers, and CRS..........I've forgotten. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for knowledge
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Early Gray
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Early Gray
View Quote

Thanks Hal.   The early gray is what I had thought was used, but it looked light compared to pictures I've seen posted online of 607's. You know how color is in posted pictures though..........not like you're looking at something in person.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks Hal.   The early gray is what I had thought was used, but it looked light compared to pictures I've seen posted online of 607's. You know how color is in posted pictures though..........not like you're looking at something in person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Early Gray

It may be a bit lighter.  It's always best to send in something to Victor to color match.  Otherwise it may be hit or miss.  The XM Early Gray shades have varied over the years from NDS.  I have been pretty lucky as most of my uppers are very close match.  

Here is my Gen 1 XM lower in XM gray with original finish 604 upper The light always makes the finish look lighter in pics

Here are NDS / US Anodizing colors top to bottom

Black
Pre-Ban gray
XM gray
Natural (on 7075)

Original Colt 607

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have to worry about matching an existing part as I am getting the lower/upper/receiver ext/buttplate, etc  anodized. I was only concerned about having everything done in the period correct color.
Thanks, and nice collection of lowers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't have to worry about matching an existing part as I am getting the lower/upper/receiver ext/buttplate, etc  anodized. I was only concerned about having everything done in the period correct color.
Thanks, and nice collection of lowers.
View Quote

10-4  sounds like it will be nice.

Those lowers are NDS stock photo, not mine
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top