Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:27:57 PM EDT
Anyone use lone start ordinance 6 hole handguards for a carbine build?

Ive striking out on finding a set of either colt or rra ones and wanted to see peoples experieces with these.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a set of LSO carbine HG's for the collection, but wouldn't use them on anything... they're kinda' cheap and flimsy feeling

their rifle HG's on the other hand are very sturdy and well built

I would say the RRA 6 hole HG's give the most bang for your buck if you're not building a carbine that must use all Colt parts
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly what i needed to hear.

Looks like the search for Colt or RRA hand guards continues.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with using quality 7 holes until desired item is found.  Plenty of those out there daily for cheap.  Think I'd hold out for the Colt's as that is what you're really wanting to copy.  If you didn't want them they would be readily available.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some DPMS ones on my carbine and am waiting until Colt's come along and I have the money. Sometimes those two things take awhile.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top