Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:10:37 AM EDT
So I saved my shekels and was looking to get a barrel from Citadel while they were still cheap, they went to their normal price of $160.  So I checked our friendly green mountain barrel website, they bumped theirs up to $170 but you still can't order them from their website.  Lesson learned, you snooze, you lose.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got one of the last batch Citadel barrels back from ADCO for having the FSB installed.  Of all things I'm having trouble with the lock washer on the flash hider.It almost appears that they didn't make the flare wide enough to keep the edge of the washer from slipping off. It is the only washer I have to use at the moment and it did come off another rifle. Tomorrow I'll have access to more washers..I could just be the washer....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks.  I haven't had a problem with the ones I've had.  My latest one has a later Colt FSB installed with the forge flash removed and reparked.  I was going to use it on my 602 replica until I found something more appropriate...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That sucks.  I haven't had a problem with the ones I've had.  My latest one has a later Colt FSB installed with the forge flash removed and reparked.  I was going to use it on my 602 replica until I found something more appropriate...

I did the same thing with my last one and it is perfect...I'll know for sure when i can use different washers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems like everything has gone up with the new year, G19 mags where $19.95 & now $22.00
Glad I bought my barrels when I did, looks like the pricing isn't coming down anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seems like everything has gone up with the new year, G19 mags where $19.95 & now $22.00
Glad I bought my barrels when I did, looks like the pricing isn't coming down anytime soon.

That's cuz the world is coming to end

As for A1 barrels
Definitely snooze ya loose.  Every week there's a dozen new guy's going the retro route. Grab'em when ya can.
It's kinda like old cars.

Which would you rather have, this 64 Impala

or this 84 Impala
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's cuz the world is coming to end

As for A1 barrels
Definitely snooze ya loose.  Every week there's a dozen new guy's going the retro route. Grab'em when ya can.
It's kinda like old cars.

Which would you rather have, this 64 Impala
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/halpark/64.jpg

or this 84 Impala
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/halpark/84.jpg

I hate you now Hal...My Buddy used to have a 64 with the 409,,,,now ya got me thinking how excellent it would be to have that 64^ with my unfired 64 SP1 sitting in her....

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow Hal.  A convertible also.  Got two rod hang outs in the warm months within 5 miles of my house one in each direction.  Last 1964 Impala I saw was a hard top in black with 409 and 4 speed.  It was top notch but I give the nod to the convertible.  Great restoration.  I'm still finding Colts and they have been cheaper in 2011 than in 2009-2010.  Let's all pray that one, our world won't end this year and ,our govt replaces many more obsolete A-1's with M-4's.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry fellas. I didn't mean to mislead anyone.  Those are not my Impalas.  Just pics from my retro vs retro post 3 years ago.

I did own and do a partial resto on a 1964 Bonneville Convertable.  I like old Pontiacs.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top