Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:28:48 AM EDT
3/68

The shop where I worked on them, don't mind the rain.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice shots!! Thank you for your service,,and welcome home.!!!  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Extremely cool. Thank you for sharing!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome photos! I especially like the old WW2 "sniper" helmet cover in the first photo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Who did you serve with?

That looks like a brand new M16A1!

My dad was with Kilo 3/9 near the DMZ from June 1967- July 1968 and he told me a while back that around the December 1967- January 1968 time frame they had to all line up next to a truck full of brand new M16A1s.  As they made it through the line, an armouror looked down the barrels (or chambers) of the XM16E1s they all had with an expensive looking piece of equipment and about 1/2 the guys got new rifles.  My dad wanted an new one so after he was told his rifle was OK on the first passing, he rubbed dirt all over it and went through the line again.  Declined.  Before his third pass through the line, he took a coat hanger and tried to scratch the chamber all up so he could get a new rifle.  Declined again.

After messing the rifle up with the coat hanger, he was worried he ruined it, but it turned out OK.

He remembers the new M16s had the birdcage FH and his had the three prong.  

Did you ever go around on the trucks looking down Marines' rifles like the story above?

Thanks for your service and welcome home!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Why did the Marines use tire inner tube bands for their helmet covers?
Did you have to cut them yourselves?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top