Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2009 1:47:49 PM EDT
I have an A1C7 upper that I am going to build up and was wondering if it took an A1 or A2 lower. I have two NDS black A1 lowers on the way and was thinking on using one with this build. Did they use A1 or A2 stocks? It seems they are kind of transition type of upper and was wondering if they had diferent configurations as the transition to the A2 came along. Which hand guards would be correct, triangle or early shinny round? This upper has a teardrop forward assist and I thought these took the large button type? Sorry about all of the questions but would like to get it close to the original. I am kind of doing a progression collection. One slick side, one A1 with forward assist, then this build with the forward assist and bump, I have a Colt 6600.  for my A2. Any suggestions would be great. I think I am starting to have a problem, every time I think that is enough another build pops in my head that I need.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Not so much a transition as a different direction.  Canada sent people down to the US at the same time that the A2's were being configured for the Marines.  Canada simply preferred to keep the simpler A1 sights over the A2's, they did keep all the other A2 improvements and came up with a few of their own, like cold hammer forged barrrels and three different length buttstocks (the famed CS stock).
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Leg, Thanks for the great info.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top