Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 6:37:45 PM EDT
would it be possible to have a retro forum members login section? then once the login is setup we could link it together with posts by the retro members to sales in the ee? then we cab have a link in the retro area thats shows all sales by the retro forum members?

i dont know how to describe it but it would be like the hometwon forums showing sales by members in their state?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I know what you are saying, but I dont think the staff is willing to administrate something like that.

We can't get a tacked sight/sling thread
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How’s that?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Oppps.....double tap.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How’s that?

We've asked a few times, when the first page of the forum is full if sight/sling threads, to get a tacked reference thread like the ones above.
They thought we have too many already....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They thought we have too many already....

I see.......
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a retro equipment exchange ?This way I don't have to peruse through three dozen posts trying to sell rails and surefire lights and detachable carry handles trying to find the retro parts which attracted me to this website in the first place?  It could be located on the "retro page" and post only items commonly considered retro.Just a suggestion...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How about a retro equipment exchange ?This way I don't have to peruse through three dozen posts trying to sell rails and surefire lights and detachable carry handles trying to find the retro parts which attracted me to this website in the first place?  It could be located on the "retro page" and post only items commonly considered retro.Just a suggestion...

If you read the tacked “Forum Rules” thread, there’s a suggestion there I made for sellers and buyers of retro items. Seems to work good when everyone does their part.

ETA: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=299320

I just used my suggestion  with a 30 day search and came up with 41 items listed under  “retro”.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

We pushed real hard for this about a year ago when the mods first set up the retro forum, but it was a no-go.  Apparently M-14's can get their own EE forum but retro parts don't generate enough traffic.

In any case, the suggestion was made (and most peopel go with it) that 'retro' be put in any sales ad with retro type parts.  You can just do a search for the word 'retro' in the EE and most all the stuff will pop up. Not quite as good as a dedicated forum, but still gets the job done.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top