Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:02:33 PM EDT
Just finished today with a Cav Arms lower with a double digit serial lower. Cav Arms buttstock.
I bought this upper a year ago off the EE. I have no idea what the manufacturer is. The front sight has a diamond on the side and the Upper reciever has a C K on the side of the handle. No barrel markings. I would love to know what it is if anyone knows.
Total money spent on this is $605.00. It's a sweet shooter.

Edit: Just found the barrel markings. Says C MP Chrome Bore. The bolt carrier has a C on it.

http://i18.tinypic.com/3z8onz4.jpg
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, the CK means it's a Colt, with the raw forging provided by Kaiser Aluminum.

A pencil barrel with no markings whatsoever is a bit odd.  Look between the legs of the FSB, or on the bottom just aft of the flash hider.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. just saw the markings. Very hard to read. Says C MP Chrome Bore.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
That barrel would be a Colt as well, vintage early 1970s to mid 1980s-ish.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this upper worth more than the $280.00 i paid for it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
$280?  Did that include the bolt and carrier?

Nice ones are going for a bit more than that without the BCG.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. it did come with the bolt and carrier. So how much do you think ? It appears to be in good condition for how old it is. the only major wear is on the front site from falling down a few times in my closet. I've been holding on to this for the past year thinking it was some cheap upper. Goes to show how much i know. I once bought a pre-93 oly arms lower for $100 two years ago not knowing it was a pre-93. Sold it for $280 later.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just finished today with a Cav Arms lower with a double digit serial lower. Cav Arms buttstock.
I bought this upper a year ago off the EE. I have no idea what the manufacturer is. The front sight has a diamond on the side and the Upper reciever has a C K on the side of the handle. No barrel markings. I would love to know what it is if anyone knows.
Total money spent on this is $605.00. It's a sweet shooter.

Edit: Just found the barrel markings. Says C MP Chrome Bore. The bolt carrier has a C on it.

i18.tinypic.com/3z8onz4.jpg

How much did you pay for cav arms stripped lower or lower complete thanks  ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
stripped was $170
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
So pretty. I love A1s. Basic Training in 87 with one. Panama in 89 the First Gulf War......then that wonderful African country in 93. All with an A1.

Nice build.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good.  I just traded my Stag A2 upper for an SP1 upper free and clear to build my GAU5-A/A.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes. it did come with the bolt and carrier. So how much do you think ?

Nice looking build, and a good price for the upper.  Decent A1 uppers seem to be going for a minimum of about $200 nowdays, and another $85 or so for the B/BCG.  And thats the low side, for a generic upper.  You done good.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top