Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 6:43:24 PM EDT
Well, I have a Bushmaster C7 upper that is calling for a M4 barrel. I was all prepared to order a 16" barrel until Acr reminded me of the extended bird cage that Sabre makes. And no, I'm not wanting to SBR this. So, would you go with the little longer barrel with the correct bird cage or the correct barrel and a slightly non-correct bird cage?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It really comes down to aesthetics.  The 14.5" will look more "right" (but still a little wrong).  The 16" will be cheaper, higher velocity and have a removable FH.  The length difference is only about an 1", an advantage lost with velocity.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
CMMG's 14.7 with pinned A2 hider..
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks eddie. I was thinking the same, but wanted someone else to say it. :)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 This would look the most original.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes, but its a more expensive option. The funny thing is I tried to sell the upper receiver to fund other retro builds, but I got it back and now I'm spending money on it. :) It got returned to me due to the heavy pitting on the left side.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I’d spend the extra $ and do this too.

Another local shooter just did this and it looks just right the longer barrel or longer flash hider doesn’t look right. The 14.7 is perfect.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
So would a correct 723 have a pencil barrel or an M4 barrel? All the references I've read only mention the pencil barrel. ???

ETA: I did find this picture.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another local shooter just did this and it looks just right the longer barrel or longer flash hider doesn’t look right. The 14.7 is perfect.

I'll be waiting for CMMG to offer the 14.7 with the pencil thin profile along with an A1 hider.  Or have they already come out with one?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be waiting for CMMG to offer the 14.7 with the pencil thin profile along with an A1 hider.  Or have they already come out with one?

You could always send your barrel to Adco and have them remove the A2 and perm. attach an A1.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could always send your barrel to Adco and have them remove the A2 and perm. attach an A1.

I could, but the main matter is having the 14.7 pencil barrel, which I don't believe has been produced yet.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top