Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 9/20/2018 2:23:21 PM EDT
My PSA kit came with that blade brace thing. LGS had the the SBA3 at a really decent price. Installed.  A world of difference and it does not add much weight. Cheek weld on top is also much more comfortable. They will sell millions of these.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
My lower from PSA with one will be here on Tuesday
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My lower from PSA with one will be here on Tuesday
View Quote
I knew practically nothing of ARs, AR pistols or braces three weeks ago, but I do know that SB brace is money well spent now. Wished beforehand I'd known and got the PSA one first.  Enjoy your new pistol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have both, I prefer the sba3.  It doesn't have the potential to bruise.  Would like to also try the blade 2.0 though for adjustability.
View Quote
I think the blade I got was the 2. It is adjustable, but an Allen wrench is required to lock it down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate the look of them
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the blade I got was the 2. It is adjustable, but an Allen wrench is required to lock it down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have both, I prefer the sba3.  It doesn't have the potential to bruise.  Would like to also try the blade 2.0 though for adjustability.
That is the original Blade.  The 2.0 is adjustable on the fly with no tools.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m certainly not an expert, but I do know that I freaking love mine and my buddy said he would have probably not SBR’d his if the SBA3 had been available.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like my Shockwave blade much.  The SBA3 blows it out of the water in every way.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I've tried just about all of them.  The SBA3 hands down all the way now.  If you want a brace as "intended" the GHW tailhooks are still king in that regard.  But I wonder how many folks only use their braces as a "brace"?  Tough to say but I'll bet most don't.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I will end up buying one just because of how much you assholes talk about them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Honestly still too pleased with my SBPDW to care about the newest version of what other brace.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
No that is the gen 1, the 2.0 adjusts similar to the SBA3
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I have SBRs and just sold my Maxim brace because it wasn’t as easy to extend as I would have liked. I picked up a SBA3 and probably wouldn’t have gotten SBRs if I had gotten one of these first.

Spice Tactical sent me my SBA3 *very* quickly for $119 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I will end up buying one just because of how much you assholes talk about them.
View Quote
No balls.

They're seriously awesome. They are the reason I built a pistol. Or two.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Brownells has them on sale right now for $109.99 and using the code “NBM” gets it down to $99.99 and free shipping. Lowest price shipped that I’ve ever seen on them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Brownells has them on sale right now for $109.99 and using the code “NBM” gets it down to $99.99 and free shipping. Lowest price shipped that I’ve ever seen on them.
View Quote
Great find, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just ordered. Thanks for the info. Now all my pistol AR’s are complete. Now to sell my 2 shockwaves.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#18]
And apparently that also applies to the FDE which is allowed to be backordered.  I just oredered the FDE (on BO) and it still gave me the free shipping and discount.  I’ll just have to wait a while for it but I already have one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd like to see SB Tactical make an SBA3 scaled to fit an LMT PDW or LWRC UCIW receiver extension. They are 2.75" and 1" shorter respectively.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't seem to pull the brace off of the buffer tube on mine, and I saw the video which says to pull down on the adjustment lever.  Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't seem to pull the brace off of the buffer tube on mine, and I saw the video which says to pull down on the adjustment lever.  Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks!
View Quote
You know how you push on one end of the lever to move the position of the brace? Push that end as hard as you can and then pull the other end down. You’ll be able to slide the brace off of the tube.

Hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I swapped out the Gen1 Shock Wave that came on my Thompson pistol with an SBA3 - the original tube was not dimpled so every time you adjusted the blade you had to crank the screw into the plastic. 5 minute job to swap out with the new SBA3 tube/brace and am very happy with the difference.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm certainly not an expert, but I do know that I freaking love mine and my buddy said he would have probably not SBR'd his if the SBA3 had been available.
View Quote
I most likely would not have done it. I'd have done 2 suppressors instead of a suppressor and SBR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't like my Shockwave blade much.  The SBA3 blows it out of the water in every way.
View Quote
I can't bring myself to change out my Blades because nothing else that has been invented has convinced me it would be an improvement over what I'm already using. With a cheek rest the Blade is very comfortable. Below is one of my AR's with a Blade.
I recently threw together a 10.5'' with some hand me down junk that I will eventually change around. I plan to use an SBA3 on it but mainly just to try something different rather than because I think it will be an improvement. I like how the SBA3 uses a regular receiver extension but I'm not a fan of the overall look of the brace. I'm hoping something comes along that uses a regular receiver extension like the SBA3 but is sexier with a better cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I can't bring myself to change out my Blades because nothing else that has been invented has convinced me it would be an improvement over what I'm already using. With a cheek rest the Blade is very comfortable. Below is one of my AR's with a Blade.
I recently threw together a 10.5'' with some hand me down junk that I will eventually change around. I plan to use an SBA3 on it but mainly just to try something different rather than because I think it will be an improvement. I like how the SBA3 uses a regular receiver extension but I'm not a fan of the overall look of the brace. I'm hoping something comes along that uses a regular receiver extension like the SBA3 but is sexier with a better cheek weld.
https://i.postimg.cc/XqpfRJGF/20180923_142417.jpg
View Quote
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Just put together my PSA pistol kit with the SBA3 brace. I'll throw in another recommendation for it: It rocks. Better than that piece of shit Blade.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just ordered. Thanks for the info. Now all my pistol AR’s are complete. Now to sell my 2 shockwaves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is another code you can add on the payment page that will knock off $3 more. Mine was $96.99. Couldn’t pass it up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd like to see SB Tactical make an SBA3 scaled to fit an LMT PDW or LWRC UCIW receiver extension. They are 2.75" and 1" shorter respectively.
View Quote
+1

Seems like a person could cut the nose down on an SBA3 to fit a UCIW RE or would that be crossing the line of modifying a brace? Probably only need to trim down the nose about an inch or so and maybe a small amount off the front of the lever. Is modifying a brace to fit a shorter RE while still retaining all the functionality of the brace crossing a line?
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Just bought two and did not realize they do not come with castle nuts
How freaking annoying that they are not included.

My intent was to use them with LAW TAC side folders and now I just read that is a no no given the combo is longer than the ATF allow/likes/suggests.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got mine in. Prior I was using a pair of blades. They worked, and I liked them, but mostly for what they opened the door for more than the actual brace itself. They’re not especially comfy to shoulder or shoot. This SBA3 is an absolutely superior product, and while I’m glad I stamped a lower, I probably would not have done so if this thing had existed. If you are on the fence about buying one, buy it. I finally did, and can already tell I wish I did sooner, and that I’ll be buying more. It’s the biggest thing to happen to arm braces since the first arm brace.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#31]
They are pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

It's definitely a game changer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#33]
How does it compare to the SOB? I notice PSA still has a few things left with this brace on it...looks like this:

Link Posted: 10/5/2018 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that an SBR or a pistol?
If it’s a pistol, you need to remove the VFG before the ATF come to kick your door in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If it’s a pistol, you need to remove the VFG before the ATF come to kick your door in.
View Quote
I think OAL is the deciding factor isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Hope to catch another 3 on sale for 60.00 shipped. Doubtful but time is on my side.

EDIT: Believe I paid full retail for the 3 (130.00). I was think of the Blade 2.0 for which I paid 60.00. I need 2 more SBA3's and I should be good for a while.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hope to catch another 3 on sale for 60.00 shipped. Doubtful but time is on my side.
View Quote
Where/when did you find the SBA 3 for $60 shipped? Coupon codes?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Built my with a blade before I knew better,it was on long enough to function check for a couple of magazines.
The SBA3 showed up a day or 2 later and the difference is night and day,will be selling a slightly used blade soon
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Where/when did you find the SBA 3 for $60 shipped? Coupon codes?
View Quote
I screwed that up. I paid full retail for the SBA3. It was the Blade 2.0 for 60.00 putting away my newest pistol moments ago "refreshed" my memory. I will say I much prefer the 3 over the 2.0. Now I need to go correct that post. Sorry about that.

Not bad. 114.99 / Free shipping. https://rockeybrass.com/products/sb-tactical-sba3-pistol-stabilizing-brace
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I really do prefer the SBA3. Its working all on my guns.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually it's neither.
It's a plain old ''Firearm''. It's over 26''.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Is anyone selling the SBA3 brace without buffer tube?
I want to retrofit my 5.56 pistol from CAA buffer cover and cheek rest to the SBA3.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I want to retrofit my 5.56 pistol from CAA buffer cover and cheek rest to the SBA3.
View Quote
Buy it with the buffer tube and build another AR with the spare?

Seriously I haven't seen it alone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Possibly. https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/summer-sale/ar-15-lower-acessories-993/sba3-lower-build-kit-black-1469360

https://www.venturamunitions.com/sb-tactical-sba3-ar-pistol-stabilizing-brace-no-tube/
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Possibly. https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/summer-sale/ar-15-lower-acessories-993/sba3-lower-build-kit-black-1469360

https://www.venturamunitions.com/sb-tactical-sba3-ar-pistol-stabilizing-brace-no-tube/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$95 + Shipping I think?

I got my FDE brace from Brownells for $106 shipped w/ coupon code. An extra buffer tube for $10 isn't a bad thing.

In 45B's case though that $10 adds up for multiple pistols.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#46]
For me the SBA3's have made a real difference. Between being lightweight, compact and the feel / handling of them, combined with the benefits of being a pistol (loaded in vehicle, crossing state lines) eliminates the need for a tax stamp (government rape) for my purposes. I'm on my forth build with them and plan on more to come...
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I’d like to see a hybrid of the SBA3:

And the SBM4:

That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You know how you push on one end of the lever to move the position of the brace? Push that end as hard as you can and then pull the other end down. You'll be able to slide the brace off of the tube.

Hope that makes sense.
View Quote
Thank you, that explains how to get the brace ONTO the tube in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

$95 + Shipping I think?

I got my FDE brace from Brownells for $106 shipped w/ coupon code. An extra buffer tube for $10 isn't a bad thing.

In 45B's case though that $10 adds up for multiple pistols.
View Quote
He asked, I provided possibilities. Up to him. I wouldn't do it but he might.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#50]
They're the best of the best modern braces IMO, although I did do my Form 1 to sbr it in a few months. As good as the SBA3 is, a normal stock is still better and with the ever changing AR Pistol laws I'll feel better having a registered SBR in the long run.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top