Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2014 6:13:08 AM EDT
Anybody here use one?  If so what are your thoughts. (Hex-2 Here.)
New guy here long time lurker, and have been building AR's since the mid 80's but no pistols, ya' I'm and old guy.
Since the SIG Brace came out and looking at photo thread I've decided to build myself a pistol.
Looking forward to being a part of this great community!
Thanks!
DT33
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting; I may need to try one....
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty damn nice and that price is awesome too. I don't think they will be able to keep much of these in stock.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's shorter than KAK, so I guess if for some reason you want less LOP ?

Must admit, I don't see the attraction myself.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I just received mine today.  Really nice piece.  Now just have to get my sig brace, and finish my upper
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't tell - does the SB15 protrude past the end of the Phase5 Hex-2 tube?  It seems like it would, so the OAL of the assembled tube + brace might not be any shorter than the KAK + SB15....since I thought the KAK was designed to end up flush with the end of the SB15 (unless one adds spacers).  Phase5 pitches their cover/endcap for storage within the SB15, which wouldn't be possible if the tube extended to the end of the SB15.

Am I off base here?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I can't tell - does the SB15 protrude past the end of the Phase5 Hex-2 tube?  It seems like it would, so the OAL of the assembled tube + brace might not be any shorter than the KAK + SB15....since I thought the KAK was designed to end up flush with the end of the SB15 (unless one adds spacers).  Phase5 pitches their cover/endcap for storage within the SB15, which wouldn't be possible if the tube extended to the end of the SB15.

Am I off base here?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I off base here?

Yes, you're right,  this one makes the brace stick off past end of tube, hence giving the room for the storage plug, so yeah you would have maybe about same LOP as a KAK with brace slipped all the way on -- I was technically wrong about that.

But I guess could do same with KAK tube, using their spacers if you wanted to make sure it didn't move forward. And still use the storage plug, which they sell separately.

The difference being of course, you'd have longer LOP with KAK tube using the plug too.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]
What makes this attractive is that it gives you the spacer like the kak super tube , while keeping the same length of the other phase 5 buffer tube, the kak tube with spacer makes 10.5 uppers over 26 inches, which was a deal breaker for me. This solves that problem, my new problem is I gotta buy this beauty now
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:57:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What makes this attractive is that it gives you the spacer like the kak super tube , while keeping the same length of the other phase 5 buffer tube, the kak tube with spacer makes 10.5 uppers over 26 inches, which was a deal breaker for me. This solves that problem, my new problem is I gotta buy this beauty now
View Quote

Yeah, you folks in MI have that special rule.

Btw, I've asked, but never really got a firm answer. Is it some kind of actual crime to have a pistol config over 26" or does that just mean it isn't covered by your carry permit because it no longer meets state definition of a handgun, or what?

- OS

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Just makes it no longer a pistol and can't keep it loaded in the vehicle :(
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just makes it no longer a pistol and can't keep it loaded in the vehicle :(
View Quote

Gotcha, thanks. I thought it was probably something like that, but was never sure.

We had similar law here, but it's going away July 1. Anyone, permit holder or not,  can keep any type loaded firearm in private vehicle.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]

- OS
View Quote

I say the same thing about the Sig brace...
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

- OS

With the spacers from KAK, you can have the brace out fairly far, like a regular buttstock. It works great, and no silly regs to dick with if I want to take it anywhere.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top