Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 5:01:11 PM EDT
Hey all,

I have been reading the forum for a few months now and finaly decided to jump in as a member.

I went to my FFL dealer and they ordered me a RRA pistol lower.  now i get to wait the 120 days RRA says it will take to get to me.  Do you all recomend geting a kit like the one that M1S sells or should I go the parts route.  I am the type that if I go with parts I would like to go with a stripped upper and build the full pistol myself.  I have built a few 1911's but this will be my first AR.  Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks for all the insperation to get a AR pistol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have done all the reading you said you did, why did you buy a special lower labeled as a "pistol" when the only people saying you need a special pistol lower are the ones selling them, and doing so at a premium?  Certainly the ATFE says you do not need a special pistol marked lower, only a virgin lower that has not been  built into a rifle.  So why the four month wait?  Is there some state law you must comply with?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
curently all the RRA lowers are the same price and are all 120 days out.  I know that there are lots of other lowers out there but i like the feel of the RRA rifles at the gun shop and the guys there have always done a good job for me.  As for getting a lower marked pistol i guess  I belive better safe than sorry.  I dont want to ever run into a problem.  I will buy a regular lower when I want a rifle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Could have got a stripped lower  shipped to your FFL by this weekend for under $130.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
WELCOME

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top