Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 1:51:15 PM EDT
I am trying to draft something that would repeal that officially.

This is all I've drafted so far:
A BILL
To clarify what is a weapon in United States tax law
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `________________Act'.
SEC. 2. CLARIFICATION OF DEFINITION.
Section 5845(e) Chapter 53 Title 26 United States Code is amended by:

Inserting the following between “rifled bores,” and “or weapons”:

‘ or a vertical fore grip,’

AS AMENDED:

(e) Any other weapon
The term “any other weapon” means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or a vertical fore grip, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.

Also it needs a good title.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
While I am no expert, the way you have written this seems the opposite of what you intend.

As I read this, you would allow a pistol with a rifled barrel, OR a vertical forward grip. This would allow a smooth bore pistol, if it had a vertical grip, but not allow a rifled pistol with a vertical grip.

Rather than "OR," I think you want something more like "WITH OR WITHOUT," though there is likely a better way to write this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion.

Your probably right.

Lets see what others think.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top