Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:32 PM EDT
Has anyone used a Stag stripped lower to make a pistol?  I am considering it and wanted any feedback that was out there.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would this be different from any other stripped lower for making a pistol ? It will have a stag engraved on it, otherwise no difference.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I was questioning it because Stag does not sell a stripped receiver with pistol only engraved on it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'am in the process of building a pistol with a stag lower and a 7 1/2" upper.Have your FFL register the lower as unassembled/pistol.And ask Stag for a certificate saying the lower left the factory unassembled.As long as the lower has never been registered as a rifle,your good to go.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a certificate with mine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#5]
i have a couple griz lowers built, marked "pistol" and "multi" 90 bucks each, very nice lowers
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well I was questioning it because Stag does not sell a stripped receiver with pistol only engraved on it.

Having "pistol Only" engraved on it means nothing at all.  You can engrave anything you want on it.  The only meaning it will have is to you and no one else.  It all comes down to that it was bought as a stripped lower.  Just make sure that the 4473 has stripped lower in the description.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having "pistol Only" engraved on it means nothing at all.  You can engrave anything you want on it.  The only meaning it will have is to you and no one else.  It all comes down to that it was bought as a stripped lower.  Just make sure that the 4473 has stripped lower in the description.  

you really think so, or do you think it might make things a little easier for you, when bubba the redneck cop pulls you over and finds your "Purdy machine gun pistola"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup.

Sitting in it's pistol bag right now....
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top