Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:59:58 AM EDT
What's the absolute shortest barrel that'll work on an AR pistol? What about shortest buffer/spring setup?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a 6" (both uppers) OA-93 in dual cal.: 5.56 & 7.62x39

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135oa93.jpg

Dude.

That is awesome!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
5" Pretty sure that is the shortest.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
that's amazing... how was reliability accuracy on teh OLY?  I want that same model.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
There was a some manufacture that made a (IIRC and I'm pretty sure I do) 4" barreled upper.  I wish I could remember the name.  I saw one on a website and I asked about it here on ARFCOM.  There should be a thread barried on the server somewhere.  A few people had heard of them and commented about their high quality and reliability.

I think the company was three letters, like DCM or somthing like that.  Damn, I wish I could remember.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Rose is correct.  JT Distributing used to sell a 4" upper which is claimed to be the shortest available.  It was $1k, but I can't find it on the list of current products.  

Since I made my last purchase from JT, it sounds like they have created a new company 'Doublestar', but I still can't find the upper.  

JT Link
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Rose is correct.  JT Distributing used to sell a 4" upper which is claimed to be the shortest available.  It was $1k, but I can't find it on the list of current products.  

Since I made my last purchase from JT, it sounds like they have created a new company 'Doublestar', but I still can't find the upper.  

JT Link

Yes! It was on JT's website that had the 4" uppers.  They had a link on their front page with a small picture of it, but the link never worked.  That was maybe 6 or 8 (10?) months ago.  I see it appears to be gone.  I don't think JT was the manufacture.  Its was some other company that I think I heard has gone out of business.

Now that you mention it, when I asked about that upper once before I do recall hearing of their very high price.  IIRC, someone opined that the R&D needed to make them as reliable as they were reputed to be didn't come cheap. <shrug>
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys are talking about the M2 Corp (Military Industries) M16X.  They were putting up a web page at one point (m2corp.com), but after being "under construction" forever, it just dissapeared.  The M16X had the 4" barrel, M16C 6" and M16SP aprox. 8".  They were pretty wicked looking guns and if I can ever find an upper, I'll buy it (assuming I'm not dirt poor at the moment, unlike now).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135oa93.jpg

Dude.

That is awesome!!

+1
Wish they'd make the pistol 7.62x39 again....AND in pistol cals too (self contained recoil system)! (Someone told me they did pistol cals like that too......)
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top